Recent Poor Test Results Of Bd Is 2013

busterbuddy
edited August 2013 in Firewall

There is a fairly well known firewall testing site on the internet that recently tested BD IS 2013. It showed extremely poor results. I have been using the Demo of the most recent version of BD IS and have been loving it until I saw these test results. The last BD product this site tested was BD Total Security 2011 and that scored very highly. However the site now uses a somewhat different testing method. On one of the best known security websites I frequent peeps were shocked at the BD IS results which can only be described as a failure.

My questions are these:

The BD firewall as tested on Shields Up shows all service ports to be stealthed. In light of this do I need to worry about any vulnerability that may exist in the BD IS firewall ?

Even if one of the malware that was used in the test got through or disabled the firewall would the AV portion of the suite protect my data and OS from any danger posed by it?

Comments

• There is a fairly well known firewall testing site on the internet that recently tested BD IS 2013. It showed extremely poor results. I have been using the Demo of the most recent version of BD IS and have been loving it until I saw these test results. The last BD product this site tested was BD Total Security 2011 and that scored very highly. However the site now uses a somewhat different testing method. On one of the best known security websites I frequent peeps were shocked at the BD IS results which can only be described as a failure.

My questions are these:

The BD firewall as tested on Shields Up shows all service ports to be stealthed. In light of this do I need to worry about any vulnerability that may exist in the BD IS firewall ?

Even if one of the malware that was used in the test got through or disabled the firewall would the AV portion of the suite protect my data and OS from any danger posed by it?

I am sorry if I put this in the wrong forum. These results might be from an older version of BD IS . The test was of BD IS 2013 ver 16.30.0.1843. It was a 64 bit test.

• As per your initial post, the results speak for themselves on shields up. Any test results however of course depend solely on the test method.

Any malware infection used to attempt compromise of your PC would also have to get round the very efficient antivirus before it compromised firewall settings. So don't worry too much.

This discussion has been closed.