Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Which Product Should I Use?

Hi :-)

I am using Windows 8. I had been trying the Demo of the New BD IS. Today I noticed for the first time BD Windows 8 Security. I understand this may sound like a dumb question but, which is better for me to use -- The New Bit Defender or BD Windows 8 Security. I ask because the New BD IS appears to be a newer product. And I have assumed it is compatible with Windows 8.

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2013

Hi hawki :)

Good question to ask, and others here may add on, or correct anything as needed (I'm still learning about the New version).

If you buy the BD W8 version, you're locked into the Windows 8 OS, as it is only compatible with that OS. So, if you wanted to install BD on more than 1 OS other than Windows 8, you would want to buy The New Bitdefender, as it is compatible on XP -> Windows 8.

The BD W8 version has been pretty stable and predictable from day one (good job, Bitdefender), whereas The New Bitdefender may have some slight growing pains to work out, but nothing major.

The features of BD Windows 8: which can be found here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=313&id=54

• Early Start Up Scanner
    • Scan Boost Technology (maybe offset by Photon Technology in The New Bitdefender versions)
    • Proactive App Scanner
    • Security Info/ELAM

The features of The New Bitdefender:

I haven't used BD W8 for awhile, so if any of the above needs to be corrected by other members, or Georgia, you won't hurt my feelings in doing so ^_^

Hope this helped,

Scott

• busterbuddy
    edited August 2013

Thanks Scott aka columbo for your very informative comparison.

Does photon,while generally skipping what it learns to be trusted applications, still keep an eye on changes in them? If it does not scan them how does it do this?

Does BD Windows 8 Security depend at all on the concept of Trusted Applications. Does it scan trusted applications?

I have recently been reading a lot of confusing articles of the possibility of the concept of Trusted Computing/Applications when combined with certain hardware -- TPM 2.0 -- on some PCs using Windows 8 while generally providing for increased security also allows for the creation of a back door to your system. Or is the concept of trusted computing somehow built into Windows 8 by Microsoft.

Does "trusted computing" have anything to do with "trusted applications"

Would Windows 8 Security offer better security than BDIS on this for Windows 8 or is this an issue that goes beyond AV protections?

I understand this post is confusing but that is because the reports about this are confusing :-)

See:

http://www.zdnet.com/german-government-ref...ims-7000019739/

• ayuki
    edited September 2013

actually they key you get for windows 8 security also works for bitdefender 2013 internet security edition :) no clue why but it does and i assume its ment to be that way...