Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Is Broken!

Options

Both my manual and auto updates are broken. They get stuck running with 00.000 Update and 00 Download and the blue update indicator on my gadget stays blue. There is no way to stop it. Stop update does not work.

While this is happening my PC is useless because it slows down to a crawl, and not just anything related to the net -- every function slows to a crawl. The only way to stop the "Update" is to restart my PC by manually turning off the power and rebooting. If Auto Update is on, within a minute the Auto Update restarts and the same problem occurs. I have now had to turn it off, so now I am unable to update my machine either manually or automatically.

I am really thrilled about this because I bought a new license last night :-(

I am going to do another clean reinstall..........

BTW: Last night, after a clean reinstall I was unable to pause or stop a System Scan and my PC was not useable while the scanning was going on.

If either of these problems reoccur I will have to uninstall the New BD IS

Comments

• Both my manual and auto updates are broken. They get stuck running with 00.000 Update and 00 Download and the blue update indicator on my gadget stays blue. There is no way to stop it. Stop update does not work.

While this is happening my PC is useless because it slows down to a crawl, and not just anything related to the net -- every function slows to a crawl. The only way to stop the "Update" is to restart my PC by manually turning off the power and rebooting. If Auto Update is on, within a minute the Auto Update restarts and the same problem occurs. I have now had to turn it off, so now I am unable to update my machine either manually or automatically.

I am really thrilled about this because I bought a new license last night :-(

I am going to do another clean reinstall..........

BTW: Last night, after a clean reinstall I was unable to pause or stop a System Scan and my PC was not useable while the scanning was going on.

If either of these problems reoccur I will have to uninstall the New BD IS

After a clean reinstall I still have an Auto Update problem. Auto Update starts but shows 00 Udate 00 Download, but at least now the Stop Update works.

BTW: I did not have any problem with the large update you get after a new install.

• antikythera
    Options

Did you run both the 2013 and the New Bitdefender uninstall tools in windows safe mode? If not, give it a try before reinstalling.

• The last available auto update failed.

By coincidence I oprened my BDIS while an auto update was "running." The GUI showed like an update of 9,300 or 93,000 but nothing was downloading and then the window closed. I checked my log and it does not show that update. Then I tried to manually update with update now but it showed no updates.

• Did you run both the 2013 and the New Bitdefender uninstall tools in windows safe mode? If not, give it a try before reinstalling.

Hi :-) No I did not run the uninstall in safe mode :-(

I never had BDIS 2013 on my machine. My last security program was of another compnay who's current 2014 version is much too buggy on my machine.

(BTW do you post with that AV on another Security Forum?)

• The last available auto update failed.

By coincidence I oprened my BDIS while an auto update was "running." The GUI showed like an update of 9,300 or 93,000 but nothing was downloading and then the window closed. I checked my log and it does not show that update. Then I tried to manually update with update now but it showed no updates.

OK!

I just tried another manual update and it worked this time. This time I used the riightt click on the Icon method, so I was not able to see if it was the last update that failed to download but I assume all updates are cumulative. The update shows in my log.

• antikythera
    edited August 2013
    Options

good, you may need to restart the computer if you haven't already to complete the update process. then if you click about (taskbar tray icon menu) it should show version 17.16.0.729. once you have that, you are bang up to date.

yes I do post on that other AV forum still as I still maintain the other vendor's product installations on some systems as well as Bitdefender which I've switched all mine too.

• good, you may need to restart the computer if you haven't already to complete the update process. then if you click about (taskbar tray icon menu) it should show version 17.16.0.729. once you have that, you are bang up to date.

yes I do post on that other AV forum still as I still maintain the other vendor's product installations on some systems as well as Bitdefender which I've switched all mine too.

It was not just your AV that suggested that, but also your always knowledgeable, direct,informative and helpful posts on each forum.

• The problem that caused me to start this thread happened again.

So I did a safe mode uninstall and reinstalled it.

I got the first initial update OK. After the reboot I tried to do another manual update. There was a 9K+ update. When the update window closed there was an indicator for an event. The event was for the last 9K+ update. It read something like "there was an error in this update." So I tried another manual update and it showed there was no update. I have repeated the attempt at a manual update several times but as of yet there are none.

What does all this mean? Did I get that 9K update? If there was an error in the update what does that mean? Would any error in the 9K update be fixed by the next update? To be sure my PC is secured should I do another clean reinstall?

• columbo
    Options

Maybe just try a couple of manual updates and reboots. Sounds simplistic I know, but at times a couple of reboots may help.

• busterbuddy
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Maybe just try a couple of manual updates and reboots. Sounds simplistic I know, but at times a couple of reboots may help.

Hi columbo Thanks .

I did get another auto update OK. But would that have fixed any errors from the firtst auto update? [The first auto update after the big update after you install] I guess that's what I am most concerned about at the moment -- that the first auto update didn't install right or that I missed some of it.

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome, hawki :)

Yes, BD would catch up on the updates, to bring you up to speed. Sometime on that initial big update, it can need an additional re-start after doing the follow up update, if needed. I updated tonight and here's where I'm at (below): http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

BD2014Update9213_zpse323d0f2.png

Sometimes a re-boot can help with other issues too, in this case to possibly help with a services not responding, error (taken from the manual, troubleshooting section):

BDRestartfix_zps74da76b4.png

• Georgia
    Options

@ hawki

If you still encounter these issues with the update process please provide me with a support tool log and with a connectivity log, as follows:

1) [support tool log]

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=195602

2) [Connectivity log]

- access the link below and run this tool on your PC:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...vity_issues.exe

- a black command prompt will pop up with the message, <this will take a few minutes>. Once the gathering process is completed, you will see the message "Press any key to continue" and once you are pressing a key the command prompt window will disappear.

- a log will be created on the same location called "BDconnection.log".

Upload the logs on http://www.sendspace.com or http://www.mediafire.com and post the download link.

If you were already asked to generate these logs, disregard the above message and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.