Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Four New Process On Start Up?

Options
preguntonontrack
edited August 2013 in General

Hi

Today i noticed there are three new process on the start up (msconfig then start up). I usually check the start up items after i do changes to my programs such as installing or unistalling programs. Since i upgraded to Bitdefender TS 2014 there was only one and now there are 4. Can someone from the staff confirm me how many process should be listed on start up? Why is this happening now? Also i am still having some rules being added automatically by BD like ping.exe and itunes exe's too...

Comments

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

Here we see that the process is started 5 bitdefender: The interface of the program, two of the Password Manager Service, the main office of security modules and service updates.

4127bd0882.jpg

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2013
    Options

Hi :)

2 of them have to do with the inclusion of Wallet, and of a "hidden" wallet Password "protector" (non wizard activated) in the new 2014 version. Also, one appears to be associated with the BD password manager for the Safepay Wallet Database, as it's in that folder/Spam. Then of course is the standard, bdagent.

BD2014startupprocesses_zps24b82738.png

edit: Sorry, Rampant, didn't mean to duplicate your post, but we were both at it at the same time ^_^

• Rampant
    Options

It's all right, Scott, the number of processes depends on the settings of bitdefender, as well as on the version, the inclusion of anti-spam, parental controls, and increase the number of running services.

• columbo
    Options
    It's all right, Scott, the number of processes depends on the settings of bitdefender, as well as on the version, the inclusion of anti-spam, parental controls, and increase the number of running services.

Good point, and follow up. Below are the now 3, instead of 4 when disabling Wallet on the BD Panel. Maybe I'm a bit surprised that they are in Startup, and not just running in Services. Maybe it's a "fail safe" to have these load in Startup, to protect their running and enabled at Windows start up?

BD2014startupprocesses1_zpsfb23776d.png

• preguntonontrack
    edited August 2013
    Options

Thanks for the replies it seemed strange to me they appeared suddenly. Also in my opinion since i noticed them i think there is an slowdown when loading BD interface.

Anyone knows why the firewall keeps adding rules from itunes and ping exe without asking even thought i have paranoid mode on?