Cleanup Versus Quarantine

Hello,

I am an IT technician and I installed The free edition of Bitdefender to try it out. I have read very good reviews and thought to see for my self. But my first feeling are not so good.

First of all the very simplistic look with no options, looked TOO simplistic for an advanced user, but I set back to see more before I make my decision about the antivirus. And it did not take me long to get totally disappointed.

The program performed a computer scan and prompted me that 2 files were quarantined and 2 other files were about to be cleaned up but I had to restart the system because they were in use. (In fact they were not, they were downloaded installation files.)

I rebooted my system and searched to see which files were cleaned. I was enthuastic to find out which files were cleaned and from whta, since I haven't seen files getting cleaned from viruses since my 5.25" floppy diskettes times!

But the reality was harsh. In the event log I found that the "cleaned" files were in reality... just deleted!?! and with no option to bring them back! I read in a previous article that it is about keeping it simple. BUT you could just quarantine the files and let an advanced user to restore them if he likes. That way it would still be simple for the novice user.

And why 2 files were quarantined and the other 2 deleted? On what bases? This is not what a professional antivirus program is supposed to do. :( And one more detail. In the quarantine event log, on the "REASON" column instead of saying which threat was detected in the file, it just says quarantined. So the reason for being in the quarantine is that the file is quarantined...

I include 2 captures to show the 2 quarantined and the 2 arbitrarily "cleaned" (DELETED) files.

Last to say, is there any way to get those "cleaned" files back?

Regards

post-155978-1378273958_thumb.jpg post-155978-1378273973_thumb.jpg

Comments

• And the bad experience continues...

I am hitting the restore button on the quarantined files and nothing happens!

The files are not restored!

Is this antivirus on beta testing phase or what?

post-155978-1378275451_thumb.jpg