Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Things To Consider When Choosing Antivirus Software

I have read a lot on this topic. What are the main features to look for when choosing an Antivirus Software for Windows Computer. I have tried some antivirus software and found that all of them were same in features and in antivirus detection.

So what do you people think makes a perfect Antivirus Program. I have read this guide on How to Choose Perfect Antivirus based on personal choices and requirements, so i have basic knowledge about Antivirus selection criteria. But i wanna dig little deeper into technical details. So please help me by posting here.

Thanks and Regards.

Comments

• I have read a lot on this topic. What are the main features to look for when choosing an Antivirus Software for Windows Computer. I have tried some antivirus software and found that all of them were same in features and in antivirus detection.

So what do you people think makes a perfect Antivirus Program. I have read this guide on How to Choose Perfect Antivirus based on personal choices and requirements, so i have basic knowledge about Antivirus selection criteria. But i wanna dig little deeper into technical details. So please help me by posting here.

Thanks and Regards.

Perfect AV products do not exist. In fact most computers are infected due to operator error like clicking on email attachments, clicking on links on popular websites, using Java plugin etc. Having said that BD products do very well in AV testing by professional AV testing organizations.

• There sure aren't any perfect solutions. I've also found out (the hard way) that a vendor that has a great solution for one platform (e.g. Windows) may have a terrible solution for another (e.g. Android). I would have liked to use one vendor across the board, but I simply cannot. Bitdefender's Android anti-theft product, for example, literally does not work at all for me.

There are two antivirus vendors that I have "perma-banned". I will not name them, but I have absolutely, irrevocably, permanently banned them from any computer I have control over due to their having wasted my money and many hours of my time trying to get them to work, without success.

My point is that no matter how great it looks on paper, or what reviews say, a solution isn't a solution if it doesn't work for you.

• That is so right, I have tried so many different antivirus programs, but what I tend to use these days is eset, they run on everything and they tend to test pretty well on all (win7, 8, mac, android etc). I was pretty happy with BidDefender, but a bit pricey for me, esetprotection.com.au gave me a 30% discount to change so it was a done deal.