Bitdefender Total Security Anti-theft Module Fails To Install.

Bitdefender Total Security Anti-Theft Module fails to install correctly on my Dell XPS 18 running Windows 8. This, after I was assured by Bitdefender technical support that the Anti-Theft Module works fine on Windows 8. The download link actually shows Windows 7, which is why I asked but the tech didn't explain, just that he was quite sure it was rated for Windows 8.

The installation attempt immediately results in error: "Bitdefender failed to install drivers on your system. Try again later". Well, I've tried again later numerous times, and by the way, trying again later requires a reboot before every attempt.

Clicking "OK" on that error message results in the installation delivering another error: "There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\BitdefenderAnti-Theft\geolocation.dll The specified module could not be found"

Clicking "OK" on that error usually results in yet another error, but this most recent attempt it did not - the program simply exited so I don't have the 3rd error text.

Any suggestions on how to install Bitdefender Anti-Theft module on a Windows 8 machine?

Thanks.