Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Exclusions

Options

My PC has several internal drives and one permanently connected USB drive for backups.

My backup tool frequently makes backups and does integrity checks.

I excluded the USB drive from scanning to avoid Bitdefender "breaking" the integrity checks.

But still Bitdefender 2014 still checks the USB drive (when doing a system scan)

Maybe unwise but my ideal setup would be:

- Only do on access scans.

- Never scan anything on my PC with the possible exception of monitor my download directory.

Maybe someone can tell me why on access scans alone aren't enough? Why waste resources scanning for dormant viruses?

Over the years I've collected lots and lots of programs (mainly shareware). Most of them haven't been installed for years because most I need only for specific tasks. Let's assume they contain 10 viruses, what harm would that do if the software isn't used? And if the software gets installed or in some way the virus gets triggered the real time component of Bitdefender will catch it. Am I overlooking something obvious?