Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

More Problems With Bitdefender Rendering My System Unusable

Options

My first problem was BitDefender's update completely rendering my system unusable for and shorty after the duration of the update, this was resolved by completely disabling BitDefender's automatic update and updating only when I'm not using the computer.

Topic:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=49000

For starters let me clear one thing up again, my system is incredibly well maintained and clean and BitDefender is causing quite a lot of annoying issues. I'm computer savvy enough to be able to narrow the problems down to BitDefender.

My specs:

i7 3820

16GB RAM

GTX680 2GB

C Drive - SSD Verbatim 2.5" 128GB

Secondary HDD - regular 1TB HDD

Security:

Main Security Program: BitDefender Internet Security - fully updated

Second Opinion Programs that are NOT Active and do NOT cause conflicts with BitDefender:

Malware Bytes

Super Antispyware

Hitman Pro

^ All fully updated. all of them set to manual updating and none of them are active or do any realtime protection so they don't conflict with BitDefender.

Browsers I use: Google Chrome and FireFox - with no ******, both have AdBlock Plus and BitDefender's extension active

Now for my new problem: which this time, seems to be much more serious

When connecting one of my 100% clean USB hard drives to the computer even though I disable BitDefender's virus scanner and even though bitdefender does not indicate that it's scanning them, it still does, transfering large amounts of data from and to the hard drives is a pain and results in my system being rendered completely unsable and me having to hard reset the computer which naturally puts a toll on my external USB hard drives and damages them in the process because no matter how long I wait, they simply do not stop being active.

This isn't happening on computers with no BitDefender installed or on this computer when I'm transferring large amounts of data to and from the external hard drives in safe mode, in fact the only way for me to do this is to do it through safe mode which is exceptionally annoying.

I know the external hard drives are not infected with anything, I've connected them to non windows OS's where it's very easy to tell when something is wrong with the file structure not to mention when scanned with all my tools including bitdefender there is nothing to be found.

this has been the last straw tbh and I'm considering not using the program anymore since this is quite a serious problem for me.

Comments

• Firestart
    edited October 2013
    Options

Malwarebites and superantispyware are not compatible with bitdefender.If u have problems with updates slowing your pc you did good switching to manual mode.Unninstall malwarebites and superantispyware.Make a new clean install of bitdefender.If you want to add more security to your pc you can choose EMET free tool from microsoft, and find a good HIPS solution (host intrusion prevenion system) but stick to bitdefender as main security solution.

the problem related to slow file transfer you can try this fix from microsoft

• Malwarebites and superantispyware are not compatible with bitdefender.If u have problems with updates slowing your pc you did good switching to manual mode.Unninstall malwarebites and superantispyware.Make a new clean install of bitdefender.If you want to add more security to your pc you can choose EMET free tool from microsoft, and find a good HIPS solution (host intrusion prevenion system) but stick to bitdefender as main security solution.

the problem related to slow file transfer you can try this fix from microsoft

Did you even bother to read my post?

Malwarebytes and SUPER Anti Spyware are not active

they have no active processes and are not even set to do any updates or update checks.

I know enough about these things to set up my system in a way so that these things do not conflict.

Thanks for the link but as once again I explained and you did not bother to read my post, my USB transfer speeds are PERFECTLY fine in safe mode, they're also fine in normal mode for smaller files or smaller amounts of data.

Once again

unless someone knows what they're talking about and understands the fact that no other software conflicts with BitDefender on my system, please don't bother wasting my time with pointless responses.

• The problem is caused by malwarebites I had same problem with you.Bitdefender scans in background files processes and conflicts can occur without mb being active. Unninstal malwarebites.MB + BD = conflict .I can tell you from my experience I had same problem.Another example of incompatibility to make you understand is this: I had wubi installed on my pc so I had 2 os linux and win7.Some file from linux always crash my win 7 causing bsod.I unninstaled wubi and problem has gone.It's about code inside that file.And try that fix from link I gave to you it will make a huge difference.

Don't install on same system MB and BD