Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Your Business Practices Have Lost You A Customer - Refund Me Now

Options

ESCALATE this TICKET ID:201310221025043 - NOW! You are no better than internet scammers!! You have taken more money from my account then I have left. You have taken the last few funds I had in my bank account on a week that I had to pay some large payments out, and many days before payday. You have stolen money from the account of a woman who has 2 children to feed. I'm not rolling in money so that I can sit back and wait 7-10 days for a refund of my money. You have done so under the guise that it was for "my convenience". You have also told me I agreed to this in fine print.

I have opened the ticket asking for a REFUND, yet, in doing so, I have been MARKETED further to renew your product at a discounted rate! Instead of agreeing to REFUND me the money you stole immediately.

Your business tactics of auto-renewal (when I had several days left on my subscription and which I had NO intentions of renewing) are a ploy to force people to renew, and this is not "convenience" as your customer service rep tried to spin it.

Not only did your company not RESPOND immediately to my request for a REFUND of money you STOLE from my pay pal account, instead of honoring my request, I get put in the abyss of replies and offers of your software at a discounted rate. FYI, I would never continue using your software for the sole principle of how you acquired the renewal fee.

You stated in the reply that it was in the small print of my agreement. Well let me tell you, I, for one, NEVER sign up for auto-pay because I live paycheck to paycheck and I require the control of being able to pay things when I can. I had no intentions of continuing using your product but you just popped right into my pay pal account and took money from my bank account.

A quick google search shows you've been doing this to people for quite awhile. If this type of business practice is your norm, people should be VERY LEARY of buying your software.

If you are using this software, you should be warned, somewhere in your account you have signed up for auto-renewal.

Now I get to wait 7-10 days for the return of my money with little to nothing left in my account. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR BUSINESS SCAM-TRICKS!!

Comments

• I submitted a request for refund, received a reply trying to sell me the product, and never again got a response about my refund.

So I have to submit yet another ticket to request my money back???

• I submitted a request for refund, received a reply trying to sell me the product, and never again got a response about my refund.

So I have to submit yet another ticket to request my money back???

You are probably not going to get an answer on this forum

While I personally believe that BitDefender is a very high quality anti malware solution, it seems to have some issues that the staff aren't interested in fixing, resolving or responding to.

The first problem I had with the update feature causing severe slowdown and lag I ended up resolving myself.

The second problem I have with bitdefender once again rendering my system unsable when transferring large files and large amounts of data between hard drives even with the anti virus disabled, again I had to resolve myself by doing this in safe mode.

Overall, as a person who understands these things I believe BitDefender is an excellent software as far as malware detection and privacy goes but it's not optimized properly it seems.

As for your issues, you probably won't get a fast response on this forum, so give it some time...maybe they'll respond soon maybe they won't who knows.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

@ NeverAgain

I've just checked your ticket ID 201310221025043 and I see that a Customer Service representative already contacted you this morning. Please reply to their email to let them know what you decide.

For more information about the auto-renewal process I would recommend taking a look at this post: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=177727

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and we remain at your disposal for further information.

• Hello,

@ NeverAgain

I've just checked your ticket ID 201310221025043 and I see that a Customer Service representative already contacted you this morning. Please reply to their email to let them know what you decide.

For more information about the auto-renewal process I would recommend taking a look at this post: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=177727

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and we remain at your disposal for further information.

Each time they respond they ask me if I want to do this or that, but they still do not start the refund process. The last contact I replied to, the first one I replied to, I continue to reply stating I want the refund. I canceled the pay pal inquiry, PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY. I have gone back and forth since this $$ was removed from my account.

If you have the ability to look at my Ticket, than can you please tell WHOMEVER that I want my money refunded and all the back and forth is just getting me further inconvenience, and further upset? Please???

• This money was taken from my account on 10/22. I have answered emails, I have replied to requests, I have done everything that has been asked of me, and yet, I still do not have a refund pending in my pay pal account. I want my money back.

I hope others see this, and see how you treat your customers............

• This money was taken from my account on 10/22. I have answered emails, I have replied to requests, I have done everything that has been asked of me, and yet, I still do not have a refund pending in my pay pal account. I want my money back.

how many people do you rip off?

Looks like this is something you do to a lot of people, eh? Rip them off? What kind of customer service is this? You offer refunds, you just don't get around to giving them out? How many tickets does one have to open to actually get their refund?? hmmm???

Times are tough and people have choices in this world, there are a lot of companies who make anti-virus. Keep treating your customers this way, you'll go the way of the dodo bird. Anyone out there feel like being helpful and refunding my money? For the software I never wanted? HUH??

• Well I found your Better Business Bureau page, your F grade rating for customer service, and the fraud alert.

So I now know who I am dealing with. I will fill my complaint with them. I am not sure how you even stay in business treating your customers this way.

• Hello,

@ NeverAgain

Hi Georgia, I had a lovely time talking to customer service today via instant chat. They told me they'd "do their best" to talk to a "senior colleague" and let them know I want a refund. Who the heck runs this company? Does this really work for the business? I just read all the complaints on better business bureau, it's shocking how many people you all do this to.

• If you have Bitdefender now, please look into turning the auto-renewal off.

You may find, like me, that at the end of using the product you were not wanting to renew it. I spent many hours with back and forth emails, chats, and time on this forum to get my refund, which I finally got today. The refund came from Avangate, even though they had closed my ticket with them and told me they have nothing to do with the refunds. (That's pretty funny!)

Do yourself a favor and turn that auto-renewal off! You can always renew if you want to.