Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Browser Hijackers

It is a shame that you spend good money on a computer only to have ads tossed at you every time you try to use the net. BD removes cookies quite well but doubleclick highjacks your browser's back button. They say you can stop this from happening. It would be nice if BD had a setting for this so these companies that do this can not force themselves on you. Myself I would like to see a class actions taken against these companies. If they want to throw ads at you non-stop and highjack your stuff, it makes them no different than hackers. I may feel different about this if they gave the computer to me.. It is vandalism and trespassing. Google and doubleclick being the worst. google says you can opt out of their ads and I say BS.

Had to gripe about this but really... I have not found a piece of software that really addresses this issue and works. If BD could do this then they would have a winner for sure.....

Thanks you for reading this. All opinions welcome

Comments

• Thats wack for something you pay for - sounds like a backdoor

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭

Hi....I don't think it was ever BDs mission to stop PUPs or browser hijackers which are usually bundled together with something else you have downloaded. Instead try an app called adw cleaner from Malwarebytes. It has helped me on several occasions. Let us know if it helps.