Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Explorer Starting Up Slow With Google Etc As Start Page

Options

Hello. I've also thrown two tickets regarding this, but I didn't receive any feedback until now.

I have done a clean install of Windows 8.1 and set www.startpage.com as start page for both Internet Explorer and Firefox. So well, so good, it worked. Then I installed the actual version of Bitdefender Antivirus and while Firefox kept it's normal behaviour, Internet explorer began to take about 12 secs to load the start page.

I changed the IE's start page to google.at, and the same behaviour remained.

Testing it with www.orf.at (setting this as start page in IE) resolved the problem, IE became quick again. However, when entering www.google.at or www.google.com in the address bar (IE already loaded), it also took about 10 secs to load; so not even as start page some web sites seem to slow down with Bitdefender.

After having uninstalled Bitdefender, the behaviour of IE came back to normality - Google etc. got loaded very quickly.

Any hints?

P.S. I have renewed my license for Bitdefender, so I would really be happy about a resolution.