Bd Firewall Is Not The Problem, An Add On Is

I run FF 24.0 and an add on called Ghostery. The latter is a general privacy blocker written to block tracking tools used by vendors like Facebook,

Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Windows, etc. which they in turn use for feedback, analytical, diagnostic info and for social trending.and marketing. I had

problems with Adobe applications (Reader, Air and Flash Player). I downloaded and installed the programs but could not run them. I thought I had

a BD Firewall issue but, as it turned out, Adobe was embedding tracking software in the application download from Adobe website. The FF Ghostery

add on was doing the job and picking up the embedded tracking codes in the downloads and blocking them. In the process, it was also blocking the

essential application codes necessary to run the Adobe programs. Just saying, if you need support and the BD tech asks you what security software

you are running on your machine, tell him or her about all of them, including the firewalls, add ons and plug ins. Frst time users of BD, I suspect the

tracking blocker applications like Ghostery are very likely to futz up the BD first time installation, be careful!