Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Enter Text In Non-windows Programs

Options

Hello all,

I was running the BD2012 version without any troubles. Upgraded to BD Total Security yesterday.

That gave a huge problem:

I have to start all programs in 'Run as Administrator' mode if I want to enter any text from the keyboard (passwords, text, arrow-keys or ctrl-keys, etc.).

If I do not Run As Administrator: as soon as I press ANY key on the keyboard the program hangs. Mouse clicks are OK, so the programs work fine ... until I press a keyboard-key.

If the same program is Run As Adminitrator there is no problem at all.

This is so for all programs I tested.

Microsoft tools like e.g. Notepad, do not show this behaviour!

Connection to internet: no problem ... until I type some text in password-fields or any field in the browsers (FF24, IE10). They will freeze immediately.

I know what to do to get going for myself, but this problem has to be solved before I can roll out BD to other systems on our intranet.

Can anybody help me solve this problem?

BD version 17.20.0.883

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Intel Xeon CPU E5620

24GB RAM

4x 233 GB HD in RAID 5

USB keyboard and mouse

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Rui

Comments

• By any chance, are you running with default options? Try booting up in safe mode and see if it makes a difference. You mean need to install this again. smile2.png

Hi metzgermike,

In safe-mode I have no problems!

Does this mean that I'll have to reinstall or can I tweak any settings?

Thank you!

Cheers,

Rui