New Build Keeps Prompting Reboot

I'm using BD Antivirus Plus 2014 (Windows 8.1, 64-bit). My computer was automatically updated today to version 17.21.0.925. I have since been prompted to reboot five times. I know this issue crops up every so often and am hoping a fix is already in the works, or that someone on the forum has advice. Thanks.

Comments

• It's been over 2 hours and I haven't received the "needs to be rebooted" message, so maybe it's finally fixed itself.

• Great, thanks for letting us know. :)

A couple of emergency fixes were released during the last few days (the last one was released 7 hours ago) so it was normal to be prompted for a reboot.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

• Jason Neighbors
    edited November 2013

I am still having this same issue with both of my computers. I am getting the "needs to reboot" event from Update almost immediately after rebooting, never more than a few hours after reboot, over and over again. Something is not working right here.

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭

hello,

can you tell us 2 things:

1. from where did you get the installation kit

2. the value of Start registry value from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\gzflt

3. attach please from %ProgramFiles%\Bitdefender\Bitdefender\Installer the files BDUpdateV1.xml and BDUpdateV2.xml

4. the ip address of upgr-mmxiv.cdn.bitdefender.net

thank you

• The issue appears to have resolved itself. I'm not getting a constant "update requires reboot" event any longer. :)