Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Network Issue After Installing Bitdefender Ts 2013

Options

Hey, got an interesting little problem that you might be able to help with.

Okay, so I have a laptop, running Ubuntu. It's kind of old, but it's running 100% (Well, close enough, heats up a lot but that's just because it's old), it's what I'm posting from at the moment: I'm wired into my modem (it's not wireless), and interwebs is working a-okay.

Now, here's the issue:

My desktop is running Windows 7. It's had trouble with the MB, so I sent it to the shop to get it fixed... It hasn't been connected to the internet for a while now, but when I got it back, everything was up and running (new apartment, connections needed work).... except my desktop isn't connecting to the internet. It's seeing the network, and I can log into the modem and view the stats, but it won't open google. It just waits and waits until it times out. (now displaying "Server not found")

My ISP can see no obvious issues.

I have recently installed Bitdefender to replace my old, outdated anti-virus that expired while I was offline. I did connect briefly with my old system, but that just made it obvious that the AV was out of date and needed to be replaced, so I unplugged for security reasons about 5 minues later. BD fails to update, and after the initial scan (which turned up 2 objects iirc, pretty standard) it can find no issues.

So obviously, something is wrong.... but sure what though. It's either a Windows or BD issue I suspect

Anyway, I really have no idea where to go with this, or how to go about fixing it, let alone finding what needs to be fix.

Any help, even just directing me to the right place to ask would be awesome, thanks all!

Comments

• Testing has shown that Bitdefender has disrupted my connection: Uninstalling proved to reconnect to the internet instantly.

However, as my computer is now unguarded I have unplugged it. I will be contact tech support to see if we can resolve this issue, if not I will be seeking a refund. If we can, then I will post the method we used here.