Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Rescue Disk

Options

How am I supposed to run this thing. I wanted to scan my laptop outside of windows and was told the best way was to do it with a Linux based rescue disk so I downloaded BD's and booted it andd got to the scanner part but it kept failing due to no internet connection, but I had one when I started. Can you not run these rescue disks on wireless. I managed to find this drop down menu that had Network on it so I clicked it and out of the right side it gave me "Firefox Browser". If you have to run this via an ethernet connection it should have those instructions. For me it was totally useless to run a scan unless I can update the definitions. Can someone that helps here direct me to some information about this rescue disk and how to use it properly.

Comments

• How am I supposed to run this thing. I wanted to scan my laptop outside of windows and was told the best way was to do it with a Linux based rescue disk so I downloaded BD's and booted it andd got to the scanner part but it kept failing due to no internet connection, but I had one when I started. Can you not run these rescue disks on wireless. I managed to find this drop down menu that had Network on it so I clicked it and out of the right side it gave me "Firefox Browser". If you have to run this via an ethernet connection it should have those instructions. For me it was totally useless to run a scan unless I can update the definitions. Can someone that helps here direct me to some information about this rescue disk and how to use it properly.

I just used the BD Rescue disk and it does ok when I use the ethernet plug but that is an inconvenience for me. I do not see any network icons when the disk is running that would enable me to connect to my wireless network. Is this because it is Linux or Ubuntu. There is this "Network" Text in a dropdown menu within the disk but when you hover on it you get Firefox Browser. No wireless network names. Are you just unable to connect wireless with this version?