Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Possible To Save Settings Configuration?

Options

Is it possible to save the settings configuration? After repairing or re-installing, re-configuring BD would be much easier if you could restore a config file with your previous settings. Particularly the excluded processes list.

Thanks

Comments

• fantomas76
    edited November 2013
    Options

I really need this function too for Internet Security 2013. Maybe it is possible to save some config file to overwrite after the re-install?

• Nesivos
    Options
    I really need this function too for Internet Security 2013. Maybe it is possible to save some config file to overwrite after the re-install?

Not sure how the configuration settings are stored in the New Bitdefender but in the BD W8 Security they appear to stored in multiple files basically one file for each setting. I could be wrong on this but that is how it appears to me. Someone with exact knowledge of this might want to comment on it.

In anycase if this is the situation creating a backup of the settings could probably be done by creating a *.bak file for each file, storing the *.bak files in one folder and then using a restore feature to restore all or some of the *.bak files to their working source location.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hello,

To backup your Firewall settings please refer to this post:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=194979

The rules created in the Antivirus module are stored in this xml, which can be replaced in Safe Mode after reinstalling the product:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender\settings\avc.xml

for Bitdefender 2013 the path is: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\settings\avc.xml

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Have a lovely day!