Nice Coupon - No Product

I was finally able to dump Comcast as my ISP because FIOS became available. About the only worthwhile thing Comcast had to offer was McAfee AV (not that I would have spent money on it). I read some great reviews for Bitdefender, Kaspersky, and NOD32 and decided on Bitdefender. Imagine my surprise when I found a $40 rebate coupon on the Newegg site for a 5 user 2 year offering. That coupon expires in 3 days. I then discovered that the product was unavailable not only from Newegg, but from ANY vendor listed on the coupon or any vendor at all.

Is this an example of Bitdefender practices? A scam coupon that is no good because there is no product to back it up? Will the product magically become available when the coupon expires?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16832719007

http://images10.newegg.com/UploadFilesForN...ar3008lt12a.pdf

Comments

• Niels
    Niels
    edited March 2008

Dear Mr. Grumpy,

Rebates,coupons that came from BitDefender are being displayed on the official BitDefender site.

All the rest are offers made by resellers who do these kind of actions on there own.

In fact only small businesses can use that 5 pc's 2 years offer.

If I read it correctly first you have to buy a boxed version in stores for the full price and email the form to got $ 40 back. For the normal Total Security version you will get the second year for free because you receive the $ 40. You can always try to ask it at customer care if they also willing to give you a discount. You can contact them here

Best regards

Niels

• aaronkr
    aaronkr
    edited March 2008

Hmmm, not to quibble, but the top line of the rebate form states in large bold type:

Get $40 back from BitDefender

There is no mention of a small business restriction I can see for purchasing this and it is also offered on the Bitdefender site under Home/Home Office. The purchase would be a boxed version from any of these retailers. Is this product made available to retailers? Is this product currently available for delivery directly from Bitdefender? I have to admit I'm somewhat confused.

Thanks

• Niels
    Niels
    edited March 2008

Dear Mr. Grumpy,

This is the official contact address in the United States:

BitDefender LLC

6301 NW 5th Way, Suite 3500

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309

You will notice that doesn't correspond with the address which you have to send it:

BitDefender Rebate

Offer # H526273

P.O. Box 100550

White Bear Lake, MN 55110-0550

If you take a look at the second link you posted you will see in the description BitDefender Total Security 2008 Small Business Edition 5 pc solution. The other picture is for the "normal' user version of BitDefender Total Security 2008. If you read very carefully you will see that the second year is free not the first year.

If you read the small letters you will see that the offer doesn't apply on purchases on the official BitDefender site.

Best regards

Niels