Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Outlook 2013 Being Blocked By Firewall

Options

Hi there,

I'm running the new Bitdefender Total Security.

I've had on-going issues with Outlook failing to connect to Exchange Online.

I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit, MS Outlook 2013 32-bit and my emails are hosted in the Office 365 environment.

Just got an email from the support team advising me that MS Outlook 2013 is not currently supported, but was just wondering if there are any firewall rules people can suggest to try address the issue.

Issue is Outlook fails to connect Microsoft Exchange, while the Firewall is on. I've disabled the Anti-Spam feature, as Microsoft does this already.

With the Firewall off Outlook connects and run's fine. With it on, it constantly fails to connect to Exchange.

I've added the Outlook Application to the Firewall for exceptions. I followed a guide (Sorry don't have link) which advised to uninstall Outlook and Reinstall while Bitdefender is running, still no help.

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Stewart

Comments

• First, you need to know if it's really the firewall that's causing this. Can you disable the firewall and run some tests? See if that will make a difference. smile2.png

I can confirm that it is the firewall. I'm currently having to disable the firewall to use Outlook correctly

Just wanting to know if there's a way to configure the firewall to have Outlook run correctly. I've add the application, just unsure of anything else.

Thank you for your reply :)

• fritz@mrfoamyinc.com
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I can confirm that it is the firewall. I'm currently having to disable the firewall to use Outlook correctly

Just wanting to know if there's a way to configure the firewall to have Outlook run correctly. I've add the application, just unsure of anything else.

Thank you for your reply :)

I am having the same issue. It would have been nice to know before purchasing that this product cannot work with outlook in office 365. Why wouldn't Bitdefender keep up with the current software? This year I purchased a surface pro, a new desktop and new hard drives for two laptops. It would be silly to buy and install the old version of office.

Is there going to be a resolution some time soon or do I need to contact CS for a refund since the program pretty much stops all email communications on all of my machines and I still have time left on my bullguard subscription.

• antikythera
    edited July 2014
    Options

moderator - this is related to a deleted post

adding Outlook 2013 executable as an antivirus exception as about as wise as shaving with a belt sander. Please do not try it.