Confusing Renewal

I created a support ticket on this however I thought I would post the information. Maybe Georgia knows the answers to my questions, highlighted in red. I will also post the response if any on the support ticket. Anyway here is the gist of it.

My current BD W8 Security license for 3 PCs expires in 30 days. I just renewed for two years 3 PCs.

I was given an Activation Code different from my current License Key. I was also instructed to download BD W8 Security from a provided link.

Questions

1. Is the Activation Code the new License Key?

2. If I download BD W8 Security from the link provided and enter the Activation Code will it expire

2A - Two years from today, which effectively only gives me 23 months on my renewal and not two years?

2B - Two years and 30 days from today (see above}?

2C - Two years from the date I purchased the renewal, which is today?

2D - Two years from the date I activate it?

3. Is there a way to update the the time remaining on my current License Key without downloading and reinstalling BD W8 Security?

I have a one year license and the renewal notice from Avangate did not give me the option to purchase a two year license only the option to renew for one year. I wanted to renew for two years since there is an annual savings of $15 or $30 over two years. In order to renew for two years I had to go to the renewal page and enter my current License Key.

BD W8 Security is simple to use and pretty straight forward. The renewel process not so much so. :wacko:

Comments

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited December 2013
    I created a support ticket on this however I thought I would post the information. Maybe Georgia knows the answers to my questions, highlighted in red. I will also post the response if any on the support ticket. Anyway here is the gist of it.

My current BD W8 Security license for 3 PCs expires in 30 days. I just renewed for two years 3 PCs.

I was given an Activation Code different from my current License Key. I was also instructed to download BD W8 Security from a provided link.

Questions

1. Is the Activation Code the new License Key?

2. If I download BD W8 Security from the link provided and enter the Activation Code will it expire

2A - Two years from today, which effectively only gives me 23 months on my renewal and not two years?

2B - Two years and 30 days from today (see above}?

2C - Two years from the date I purchased the renewal, which is today?

2D - Two years from the date I activate it?

3. Is there a way to update the the time remaining on my current License Key without downloading and reinstalling BD W8 Security?

I have a one year license and the renewal notice from Avangate did not give me the option to purchase a two year license only the option to renew for one year. I wanted to renew for two years since there is an annual savings of $15 or $30 over two years. In order to renew for two years I had to go to the renewal page and enter my current License Key.

BD W8 Security is simple to use and pretty straight forward. The renewel process not so much so. :wacko:

I downloaded the installer file and ran it. I then selected "Complete Removal" after BD W8 Security was uninstalled the installer automatically loaded file to reinstall it which I did. I then entered the new Activation Code and the Remaining Days were incremented from the expiration date of the old License Key. However, there are six issues.

1. I had to manually restart the Windows Firewall. Since I use the default settings and it is compatible with BD W8 Security everything was fine after I manually started the Windows Firewall

2. I had to reconfigure BD W8 Security

3. Avangate turned on Auto-Renew so I had to turn it off on their website

4. Avanage shows the license date from the date of purchase for the two years I purchased and not two years from the end of the old license like BD W8 Security does.

5. The renewal notice from Avangate does not give you an option to renew for one or two years. I had to manully go to the Bitdefender website to get the two years.

6. There is an option in "My Bitdefender" that appears to be for updating the license. It did not appear to work requiring running of the downloaded installer.

7. The reinstalled BD W8 Security installed the previous version of BD W8 Security. It required an update and reboot to bring the version back to the current one.

To be on the safe side I turned off Malwarebytes real-time protection during the uninstall and reinstall process.

All is good

Cheers. :)

• This was BD response. It came very early this AM my time.

Dear Xxx,

Thank you for contacting us with this issue.

I kindly inform you that all you are required to do is register the new license key onto the product already installed:

You new license key is XXXXXXX

To register Bitdefender, follow these steps:

1. Open the Bitdefender window.

2. A link that indicates the number of days left on your license appears at the bottom of the Bitdefender window. Click this link to open the registration window.

3. Enter the license key and click “Register Now”.

4. Wait until the registration process is completed and close the window.

At the end you should see the validity of your subscription in the Bitdefender interface, in the lower part.

As for the remaining days they should automatically be added to the new license, if they are not please contact me again an I will start the union of the validates manually.

Xxxxl, please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

I did not try this method.