Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Av+ 2013 To Bd Av+ 2014 Upgrade Nightmare

Options

OK, so I'm running Win7 Ultimate x64. I had Bitdefender AV + 2013 installed along with McAfee Online Backup and Outpost Firewall Pro 7.x. Everything played really nice together. Well I was getting a notice about a nice discount for an early renewal for my BD AV product so I decided to pull the trigger and also upgrade to BD AV + 2014 since it was free. Well to say that the upgrade install was ugly would be the understatement of the century.

Bitdefender AV+ 2014 would not install with my other products already installed. I understand having to uninstall the old AV software since it was an engine update, but it also didn't like my firewall nor did it like the McAfeee online backup either. After several attempts and getting everything installed and working correctly, I found some instructions posted on these forums by another member outlining to uninstall ALL security software, boot into safe mode and run the respective clean-up utilities for each product, then boot back into normal mode, run CCleaner to clean out any remaining entries in the registry and try again.

Well after following these steps I was finally able to get Bitdefender AV+ 2014 installed and functioning properly, but when I try to install a firewall, the problems start once again.

The reason I did not choose to use an all-in-one product as typically the all-in-one products don't do all the jobs as well as each individual product and independent tests prove this time and time again. So a few years back, I purchased a Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro lifetime license as this firewall had tested well every time and I had already been using it for years and was familiar with it.

So I did also wind up installing the latest version (as of this post), 8.1.2, of Outpost but the problem persists with any other firewall product that I install. What happens is that the UI for BD AV becomes sluggish to completely non-responsive. Also I am unable to change any settings. Even if it looks as though I am making changes, when I check them again, they have reverted back to the settings that were there before I installed the firewall software. Also while on-access scanning is on, the active virus control is off and I'm unable to turn it on. The moment that I uninstall the firewall software, everything starts working correctly with BD AV.

So far I've also tried the free version of ZoneAlarm Firewall and have experienced the same issues.

I've tried adding all executables for each product into the exceptions, but that doesn't have any effect.

HELP!!

Comments