Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

System Tray Icon Will Not Load At Start-up

Options

For some reason, the system try icon will not load at start-up. Can someone solve this problem for me. I can't seem to find a setting within bitdefener for this. I'm using bitdefender 2008

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear tboy34,

Try this press the windows button together with r now type services.msc press enter. Now double click on the SSDP Discovery Service in the startup type drop down menu select disabled press on apply. Run this fix and reboot your computer. Also logging-out and logging-in afterwards can also solve this is issue. Is it only the BitDefender icon that isn't visible in your system tray?

Best regards

Niels

• Hilary
    Options

Just wanted to say thanks for the fix Niels. It solves a problem I was having too.

• Thks, Niels. It seemed to cure my missing icon issue. However, after the pc reboots, should I enable the SSDP Discovery Service again, or leave it disabled? Appreciate your reply.

Dear tboy34,

Try this press the windows button together with r now type services.msc press enter. Now double click on the SSDP Discovery Service in the startup type drop down menu select disabled press on apply. Run this fix and reboot your computer. Also logging-out and logging-in afterwards can also solve this is issue. Is it only the BitDefender icon that isn't visible in your system tray?

Best regards

Niels

• Thks, Niels. It seemed to cure my missing icon issue. However, after the pc reboots, should I enable the SSDP Discovery Service again, or leave it disabled? Appreciate your reply.

Niels,

Thank you for taking the time to answer this. I have sense moved on to another anti-virus. I'm using webroot and find it a great deal better than BitDefender. I may come back to bitDefender in the future. Yet as of now, I'm really liking Webroot security Essentials.