Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Stop "activate Bitdefender Services" Popup

sreed
edited December 2013 in General

At some point during start up, Bitdefender Antivirus pops up a window for logging in my BD account. The window is titled "Activate Bitdefender services". How do I stop that from happening?

Comments

• At some point during start up, Bitdefender Antivirus pops up a window for logging in my BD account. The window is titled "Activate Bitdefender services". How do I stop that from happening?

Umm...by actually activating your product? When you purchased your Bitdefender subscription, you should have both been sent an email with your activation code, as well as seen a webpage that had your activation code on it when you purchased your product. So with that being said, try activating your product and see if that stops the popups that tell you to activate your product.

• Think
    edited May 2014

Lame, and your snide reply doesn't help sir.

I just wanted antivirus and anti-spam. I went ahead and registered the product as you so pleasantly urged, even though I wanted none of the 'services' that registration provides (I definitely didn't want to link it to a social media account!). I found upon registering that 3 out of 7 'options' in my Control Panel were up-sells asking for more money. Want priority support after spending $60 for our product less than 48 hours ago? Just give us $80 more! Want to use our dropbox clone? Only $50! Identity Theft monitoring? Here's a free product with limited results that we've dressed up to make look like it's special, and if you pay us more money, we will gladly provide you with the full service!

BitDefender is doing abysmally at filtering my spam, and after trying to be sold an expensive customer-support upgrade before I've even attempted to contact support once I've decided to just go purchase another product as well as urge those who depend on my experience never to use this product. I gave BD a chance, and BD spoke to me through the design decisions used in it's implementation. All hail god money. Roger that, I'm off to find a new church.

• Lame, and your snide reply doesn't help sir.

I just wanted antivirus and anti-spam. I went ahead and registered the product as you so pleasantly urged, even though I wanted none of the 'services' that registration provides (I definitely didn't want to link it to a social media account!). I found upon registering that 3 out of 7 'options' in my Control Panel were up-sells asking for more money. Want priority support after spending $60 for our product less than 48 hours ago? Just give us $80 more! Want to use our dropbox clone? Only $50! Identity Theft monitoring? Here's a free product with limited results that we've dressed up to make look like it's special, and if you pay us more money, we will gladly provide you with the full service!

BitDefender is doing abysmally at filtering my spam, and after trying to be sold an expensive customer-support upgrade before I've even attempted to contact support once I've decided to just go purchase another product as well as urge those who depend on my experience never to use this product. I gave BD a chance, and BD spoke to me through the design decisions used in it's implementation. All hail god money. Roger that, I'm off to find a new church.

I concur with your perspective entirely!

• Scott's original question remains unanswered. How does one stop the "Activate Bitdefender services" popup. It's a pain in the butt!

(If it's nothing more than an upsell, BD should hang their collective heads in Shame.)

Any ideas?

• Scott's original question remains unanswered. How does one stop the "Activate Bitdefender services" popup. It's a pain in the butt!

(If it's nothing more than an upsell, BD should hang their collective heads in Shame.)

Any ideas?

Any progress on this? I just purchased and activated the Anti-Virus platform on three computers (one license for three PCs) and I get the same ###### popups on all three and not only at startup, my media server (Windows 7 Pro) has the same popup once a day.

Any way to get reimbursed if this can't be disabled? Had I know this was going to happen I'd have renewed ESET's product instead of changing.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hi guys.

Georgia posted an explanation of this here -

A MyBitdefender account is required in order to use the online features of your product.

The online security dashboard (my.bitdefender.com) is an essential part of your online security, accessible anytime, anywhere, from any internet connected device. We strongly encourage you to use it to:

- protect yourself on Facebook with Safego

- remotely manage the security of your devices

- watch over your kids in the online world with Parental Control (available in Bitdefender Internet Security and Bitdefender Total Security)

- store your files safely online and access them instantly across your mobile devices with Bitdefender Safebox (available only for Bitdefender Total Security)

- track and recover control of stolen devices with Anti-Theft (for Bitdefender Total Security)

- you can also see all your devices and take advantage of promotions customized for you and retrieve the Bitdefender license key at any point should you lose it

Lastly, if you are still not interested in using the online features of the Bitdefender product, you can choose to enter any random email address and password in the box that prompts you to create a Bitdefender account. Once you do that, you will no longer receive pop-up reminders about the activation.

I am here for you if you have other questions or concerns, thank you!

Now, whether this works or not I don't know, and it doesn't really (or easily) answer your question, plus I guess you have your own reasons not wanting to log into MyBitderender.

I have never had this pop-up as I always activate MyBitdefender, the only pop-up I now get is the weekly one to tell me the Security Report is ready. This reminder will have a disable setting in the new 2015 version but as far as I can see you will still need to log in to MyBitdefender.

• Wow, BitDefender. Really?

A simple CHECKMARK with a Do Not Show Again...

Is it BitDefender by MagicJack by any chance?

• Hi guys.

Georgia posted an explanation of this here -

Now, whether this works or not I don't know, and it doesn't really (or easily) answer your question, plus I guess you have your own reasons not wanting to log into MyBitderender.

I have never had this pop-up as I always activate MyBitdefender, the only pop-up I now get is the weekly one to tell me the Security Report is ready. This reminder will have a disable setting in the new 2015 version but as far as I can see you will still need to log in to MyBitdefender.

IT DOES NOT. The popup is still there at least once a day, it now wants you to CONFIRM and ACTIVATE the email address you entered. You can rest assured I won't be renewing this product come renewal time, so far it's been nothing else than annoying:

Keeps asking to activate safepay

Keeps asking for email address (which it already has) to activate my bitdefender

The only way I've found to keep it under wraps has been to put it in game mode permanently.

Shame on Bitdefender. SHAME!

• IT DOES NOT. The popup is still there at least once a day, it now wants you to CONFIRM and ACTIVATE the email address you entered. You can rest assured I won't be renewing this product come renewal time, so far it's been nothing else than annoying:

Keeps asking to activate safepay

Keeps asking for email address (which it already has) to activate my bitdefender

The only way I've found to keep it under wraps has been to put it in game mode permanently.

Shame on Bitdefender. SHAME!

It started popping up in game mode too! What a piece of crap!