Bitdefender Firewall Stop Me Getting To The Internet

I unstall bitdefender last week,and install bitdefender internet security 2014 English.But I found a new problem ,when I open Bitdefender's Firewall I can't getting to the Internet,though my link is normal.I change the DNS ADDRESS but not use. Finally until i close the fireall can i getting to the Internet again.What 's the problem?what should I do? :blink:

Comments

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    I unstall bitdefender last week,and install bitdefender internet security 2014 English.But I found a new problem ,when I open Bitdefender's Firewall I can't getting to the Internet,though my link is normal.I change the DNS ADDRESS but not use. Finally until i close the fireall can i getting to the Internet again.What 's the problem?what should I do? :blink:

Well, your first problem is that you posted this topic in the Bitdefender 2013 product forum, not the 2014 product forum. The reason why this is a problem is because I personally am still using Bitdefender 2013, so my troubleshooting techniques will apply to 2013 only. With that being said, here is my advice.

Go to your Firewall settings. Under "General Rules", make sure that "DNS over UDP" and "DNS over TCP" are both set to "Allow". Also make sure that "Sending Emails" and "Web Browsing HTTP" are also set to "Allow".

As far as your firewall's adapter settings are concerned, set them to "Home/Office", Stealth Mode: "Off", and Generic: "Yes".

If none of my suggestions work, there is one last self-help tactic you can try, but I'd really only use this as a last resort before contacting customer support. This is what you should do. Turn on your Firewall, then configure it to whatever settings you want (you know, if you're the type of person who likes super strict settings, than do that. If you like a little more freedom, configure it more loosely). Once you got your firewall settings configured to the way you like it, reboot your PC. Once you reboot your PC, check to see of you can access the internet. If you cannot, then do this:

Click "Start>All Programs>Accessories". Once you are in the Accessories folder, RIGHT click Command Prompt, and chose the option to "Run as Administrator". Click "Yes" to the Windows UAC prompt. Make sure is says "Administrator: Command Prompt" in the title bar. Once you got your Administrator Command Prompt running, type exactly what I write in bold into the command prompt then hit "Enter":

netsh winsock reset

Once you do that, restart your PC (I think the Command Prompt will even tell you to do that). Then see if you can connect to the internet from there. Let me know if this works. :)

• I am very sorry but your ways don't work.

I install my new system yesterday and I didn't found the problem again.When I open "my bitdefender"web page just now,I found the problem again.I can't getting on the Internet until I close bitdefender firewall.Now I have to close it.

Thanks you anyway!

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    I am very sorry but your ways don't work.

I install my new system yesterday and I didn't found the problem again.When I open "my bitdefender"web page just now,I found the problem again.I can't getting on the Internet until I close bitdefender firewall.Now I have to close it.

Thanks you anyway!

Well, don't forget, as a Bitdefender Internet Security subscriber, you have FREE access to premium support. Go here http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer.html and you will find options for chat, phone, or email support. Personally, I've used their support, and email is the BEST way to go. See, chat and phone only offer very basic solutions. So go ahead and open a support ticket. I'm sure they'll solve your problem in no time. :)