Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

High Ping And Packet Loss

Options

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

i7 Sandy Bridge 2600K

16384MB DDR3 ram

(2) AMD HD 7870's in Xfire

SB6141 modem

Hard wired to modem, single cable to pole with only a ground block inline.

I had no issues with the 2012 AV Plus but once I installed the 2013 Internet Security, I have high packet loss and a high ping.

I uninstalled the program and my ping returned to normal as did the packet loss.

Meanwhile I had the cable company install a new drop to my house and replace the cable inside all for not.

QUESTION:

How (if possible) can I keep BD but not have the packet loss and high ping?

Here are 3 tests with the program installed done at 3am, to the closest sever to me.

Pingtest.net

90552315.png90552412.png90552460.png

Comments

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    This is somewhat common with security suites with their own Firewall. For example, I used to use Avira (before that company went down the drain). They also had their own firewall. I was on a 100 mb/s internet connection at work, and on my personal computer, I could only get 50 mb/s at best! If your packet loss and ping is so important to you, one thing you could always do is lower or turn off some of the settings. But remember, performance comes with a sacrifice in security. The higher the settings on your anti-virus suite (any of them; not just Bitdefender), the more of a performance drop you see in your internet connection. The lower the security settings, the more performance you will get out of your internet. It's a pretty common thing to happen once you get into the high end security suites.