Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Active Scan Eating Hard Drive Space

Options

I run my OS on one of many solid states and with BitDefender on a different drive. When I scan, BitDefender eats up all the space remaining on my OS drive with what I am assuming is scan logs. I haven't found where the logs/files are going but I assume it's using system environment variables? Anyone have more information on this? I'd like to relocate these so my OS drive doesn't drop to 0kb space remaining.

Comments

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    I run my OS on one of many solid states and with BitDefender on a different drive. When I scan, BitDefender eats up all the space remaining on my OS drive with what I am assuming is scan logs. I haven't found where the logs/files are going but I assume it's using system environment variables? Anyone have more information on this? I'd like to relocate these so my OS drive doesn't drop to 0kb space remaining.

If you think logs are what are eating at your hard drive, make sure the "Increase Log Verbosity" is turned OFF in the Firewall settings. But I never thought logs of any kind for any program actually take up that much hard drive space. Usually they are only a few kilobytes. How big is your hard drive anyways?