Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Xp Stops As Mup.sys

Options

Dear Bitdefender,

I had been having issues with BTS 2013 where the package would crash and need to be restarted with some regularity. I tried to use the repair function for the second time to remedy the issue thinking that would be simpler than doing a reinstall. Unfortunately, when I did that I immediately encountered a problem where all of my browsers (IE, FF, and Chrome) would crash immediately upon opening. I had seen this problem before but didn't realize the issue was tied to using the repair function on BTS until this second iteration. Unfortunately, the problem this second go-around is worse because upon restarting my XP system is now completely bricked. Restarting in normal mode takes me to a black screen where the system just sits. Safe mode will load up until Mup.sys where it will sit. Currently per numerous on line recommendations, I have disabled/removed as many non essential items as possible (CD/DVD drives, all but minimal RAM, sound card, extra video card) w/no luck. Do you have any suggestions? I searched the forum for Mup.sys and didn't get any hits. My system is:

Dell P4 w/HT. Purchase Date 11/2005. OS: XP

Comments

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    Dear Bitdefender,

I had been having issues with BTS 2013 where the package would crash and need to be restarted with some regularity. I tried to use the repair function for the second time to remedy the issue thinking that would be simpler than doing a reinstall. Unfortunately, when I did that I immediately encountered a problem where all of my browsers (IE, FF, and Chrome) would crash immediately upon opening. I had seen this problem before but didn't realize the issue was tied to using the repair function on BTS until this second iteration. Unfortunately, the problem this second go-around is worse because upon restarting my XP system is now completely bricked. Restarting in normal mode takes me to a black screen where the system just sits. Safe mode will load up until Mup.sys where it will sit. Currently per numerous on line recommendations, I have disabled/removed as many non essential items as possible (CD/DVD drives, all but minimal RAM, sound card, extra video card) w/no luck. Do you have any suggestions? I searched the forum for Mup.sys and didn't get any hits. My system is:

Dell P4 w/HT. Purchase Date 11/2005. OS: XP

Reformat and reinstall Windows XP. Just make sure you take note of all the drives you need. Go to Dell's "Downloads and Drivers" page and enter your computer's Service Tag there.