Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Access My Bitdefender

Options

I successfully installed Bitdefender as my new anti-virus program a few days ago. When I clicked on the icon to see if I needed to set regular scans, etc. it indicated that my system is protected. my virus shield and auto scan are on, but my bitdefender requires a login. When I click on login I get the message that "the connection tyo the server has failed. The product could not be activated. Check the connection and try again." It also says I need to register my installation within 27 days to keep[ using this product. Does this mean I'll lose my Bitdefender? What do I actually need to do in this situation?

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums, NSanDiegan.

If you have installed a trial version, you may only use it for a limited period of time: 30 days. To continue using Bitdefender after the trial period expires, you must register your product with a license key. Even if you have paid for a Bitdefender product, a trial version is initially installed. A valid license key can be subsequently used to register it during the configuration steps that follow the installation or any time later.

To register Bitdefender, follow these steps:

- open the Bitdefender window

- a link that indicates the number of days left on your license appears at the bottom of the Bitdefender window. Click this link to open the registration window.

- enter your Bitdefender license key and click Register Now. If you do not have a license key, click the link provided in the window to visit a web page from where you can purchase one. Wait until the registration process is completed and close the window.

As for the error message you receive when you create a MyBitdefender account, please refer to these steps:

- open Bitdefender, go to Settings > Privacy Control > Antiphishing tab > turn OFF Scan SSL

- clic again on MyBitdefender > Account Settings and either create a new account or login to your existing one

- if the issue persists and you have IE 8 , please upgrade to IE 9

Let us know how is everything going.

• Welcome to the Bitdefender forums, NSanDiegan.

If you have installed a trial version, you may only use it for a limited period of time: 30 days. To continue using Bitdefender after the trial period expires, you must register your product with a license key. Even if you have paid for a Bitdefender product, a trial version is initially installed. A valid license key can be subsequently used to register it during the configuration steps that follow the installation or any time later.

To register Bitdefender, follow these steps:

- open the Bitdefender window

- a link that indicates the number of days left on your license appears at the bottom of the Bitdefender window. Click this link to open the registration window.

- enter your Bitdefender license key and click Register Now. If you do not have a license key, click the link provided in the window to visit a web page from where you can purchase one. Wait until the registration process is completed and close the window.

As for the error message you receive when you create a MyBitdefender account, please refer to these steps:

- open Bitdefender, go to Settings > Privacy Control > Antiphishing tab > turn OFF Scan SSL

- clic again on MyBitdefender > Account Settings and either create a new account or login to your existing one

- if the issue persists and you have IE 8 , please upgrade to IE 9

Let us know how is everything going.

Thanks for the reply. When I open the Bitdefender window I do not get a link for the number of days remaining on my license. Instead I get a black vertical rectangle in the bottom right corner of my screen as follows:/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=12426" data-fileid="12426" rel="">Bitdefender.doc

In case the screenshot did not come through, it consists vertically of:

Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition

System is protected

Version: 1.0.21.1099

Last Updated: 12/27/2013 1:45 PM

Virus Shield ON Button

C:Documents and...(back slash)sessionstore.js.temp

Auto Scan ON Button

Idle

My Bitdefender LOGIN Button

Not logged in. 23 days left.

Then on the bottom a number of buttons: LOGS SHARE IT Facebook Twitter Bitdefender

That's it!

It's when I try to Log in to the My Bitdefender button that I get the error message. Also since I have the free edition I won't have a license key, but it was my understanding that I did not need to purchase anything to keep Bitdefender Free operational for a year.

Thanks!

(BTW I am using the latest edition of Firefox as my browser)

• Georgia
    Options

Hello NSanDiegan,

Thank you for providing additional details.

This is the area that concerns paid Bitdefender products, I will move the topic to the correspondent area.

Referring to the encountered issue, I would recommend uninstalling all other security solutions (if any) and repairing Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition by clicking the Start menu -> All Programs -> Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition -> Repair or Uninstall -> choose repair.

Let me know how is everything going.