Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2013 Scan Failures

Options

Hi there, I have been very happily using Bitdefender2013 for around a year and a half now but recently my scans have started failing. This happened a few times previously over the last few months and I tried re-running it and then the scan would complete successfully it seemed.

However, since 12th January I cannot suuccessfully complete a Full System Scan.

I am using Build 16.35.0.1936

My system is running XP.

I have defragmented the disk yesterday just in case that was an issue but it did not help.

I have successfully scanned certain subfolders but when I try to do a full system scan it will get about half way through - maybe 52%, maybe 60% and then fail with the following message:

"Bitdefender Antivirus scanner has encountered an error. If the problem persists please contact your local Bitdefender representative"... etc etc - no further details are supplied here.

Can you offer any suggestions about fixing this? Many thanks for your time.

Comments

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious ✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hi there, I have been very happily using Bitdefender2013 for around a year and a half now but recently my scans have started failing. This happened a few times previously over the last few months and I tried re-running it and then the scan would complete successfully it seemed.

However, since 12th January I cannot suuccessfully complete a Full System Scan.

I am using Build 16.35.0.1936

My system is running XP.

I have defragmented the disk yesterday just in case that was an issue but it did not help.

I have successfully scanned certain subfolders but when I try to do a full system scan it will get about half way through - maybe 52%, maybe 60% and then fail with the following message:

"Bitdefender Antivirus scanner has encountered an error. If the problem persists please contact your local Bitdefender representative"... etc etc - no further details are supplied here.

Can you offer any suggestions about fixing this? Many thanks for your time.

Well, one of the things I'd suggest you do is exactly what the advice tells you to do. And that is contact Customer Support. You can open an email support ticket from here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer.html

Another thing to keep in mind, Windows XP is only going to be supported for a couple of more months. Once April hits, I don't think you're going to get much in the way of updates, but how long that is until that happens (whether they cut right at April, or they continue for a few moths afterward) is entirely up to Bitdefender.

As far as your problem goes, in order to help you further, could you please post the error code? See, after the message telling you to contact Bitdefender support, there usually is an error code. Knowing exactly which one this is would be extremely helpful in getting your problem solved.