Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Error Code 1002

Options

I have 80 events which have the following error:-

Update encountered an error(error code:- 1002) Bitdefender could not resolve the update server configured. Check you update settings. This revealed the following url

p:/upgr-mmxiv.cdn.bitdefender.net/

Anybody know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=12479" data-fileid="12479" rel="">Bitdefender_Error.doc

Comments

• Happened to me... think its occuring when you reset your router or stop internet connexion while its updating...

• Georgia
    Options

@rickyjm

Please do not offer false information.

Bitdefender is completely disabled in Safe Mode with Networking, therefore the update process won't work.

@nor750ton

The update error -1002 indicates that Bitdefender could not resolve server.

The first step to attempt is to try resetting your router.

If the update errors are still frequent, let me know if you are using a shared connection on your Windows XP PC.

Thank you!

• Hey, you can solve your problem though the following modes:

Mode 1: You should restart firewall service and then verify if it helps.

A) Go to “Start”, type “Services.msc”, and open it.

B) Search for “Windows Firewall.”

C) Right click “Windows Firewall” and click “Restart.”

Also verify if all the dependencies are also running. And try these steps to verify the Dependencies.

a) Right click "Windows Firewall” and select "Properties."

B) Click on "Dependencies", you will find all the dependency services under box labelled “This service depends on the following system components.”

Mode 2: You should also use third party repair tool to easily solve this windows update error code without any difficulty.

Mode 3: You should whole scan your computer with advance antivirus software for the removing of system viral infections.