Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Custom Firewall Ports

Options

Ok I am a little bit frustrated with the Bitdefender Firewall and before I turn it off and return to the Windows one thought I would try the forums.

Running Windows 7 box that has IIS 7 running and hosting an ASP.NET webpage using port 88.

I also on this same box use a custom Port for RDP so that my primary box uses 3389 and I can remote into both from work- The port I use for this box is 25000

Currently using Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 and I have googled the heck out of it to try find an answer. For the IIS issue I saw this post http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...93&hl=ports and set up what I though they suggested (attached) post-176295-1390577880_thumb.jpg)

But it does not work - Still no access to the site. Really surprised that the No 1 solution give No easy way to allow port exceptions (yes I understand that the standard user doesn't need this but you have to expect non standard users to want to use also - 25 yr IT professional who also teaches college level programming I would say I fall into non standard)

Any help would be appreciated. I just started a 2yr subscription with this software (6 systems) and would hate to think I wasted my money

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• Joelmch,

Thats the thing I know its the BD firewall (turned on nothing on 88 and 25000 gets through) as I currently have it off and Windows firewallon for now.

For the RDP I have 25000 for the local and all ports for the Remote. (in Windows firewall)

For the IIS I have 88 local and all ports for the Remote. (in Windows firewall)

I tried using the instructions as given elsewhere and while I set it up as detailed it is not allowing traffic through

This is fairly simple in theory. Basically, there are TCP/UDP ports that might be blocked by the firewall. Test this out by turning off BD and Windows Firewall, then turn on BD only. If you confirmed that it's the BD firewall, install a software like Wireshark(opensourced) to check the packet dump. Filter by destination IP then you'll see which ports are being used.

You can then add this on the firewall whitelist. smile2.png