Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Find What's Sending Me To Malicious Website

Options

Whenever I start FireFox I get an alert that Bitdefender blocked access to a malicious website and gives the IP number which seems to be different although it disappears so fast that it is difficult to write it down. One such is 923.115.84.125 which I think from using whois that it is a website in Romania.

I have done a system scan and I think every questionable thing has been deleted or quarantined (like messages within a ThunderBird mail file - which I don't surrently use anyway).

Presumably Bitdefender knows what program or process calls this.

Is there a log somewhere that I can peruse to try to identify what is sending me to this site when I start FireFox? Could it be an add on?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options

The problem obviously is within Firefox somewhere. The first thing to check is the addons, start FF in safe mode, hold down the shift key and click the FF icon to start it and it will start with all the extensions disabled. If that doesn't show any problems you can enable the extensions one at a time to find which one maybe the cause.