Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Widget Firewall Activity

Options

Hi

I am currently test driving BD 2014 Anti Virus, which has no firewall. Windows Fire Wall is disabled. (I don't want or need a firewall behind my NAt router).

For some reason, I cannot get a screen shot of the BD widget, only my Networx monitor captures. However the blue bar on the left side of the BD Widget shows fire wall activity and my Networx traffic monitor is showing a constant downloading of 4 - 5 KBps which is associated with BitDefender.

Can you shed some light on this Phantom fire wall activity and the constant download activity.

post-176442-1390935123_thumb.jpg

Thanks

BB

Comments

• Hi

I am currently test driving BD 2014 Anti Virus, which has no firewall. Windows Fire Wall is disabled. (I don't want or need a firewall behind my NAt router).

For some reason, I cannot get a screen shot of the BD widget, only my Networx monitor captures. However the blue bar on the left side of the BD Widget shows fire wall activity and my Networx traffic monitor is showing a constant downloading of 4 - 5 KBps which is associated with BitDefender.

Can you shed some light on this Phantom fire wall activity and the constant download activity.

post-176442-1390935123_thumb.jpg

Thanks

BB

Have you streamed a video before? Or were you hearing a netradio station? For me it se er m that yiu are a victim of the Ghosttraffic. Just take a look in the firewall section.

yours

Olli

• It appears to have been ghost traffic as Ollie mentioned above. The constant 4 - 5 kBps download persisted after I stopped streaming my favorite radio station even after I closed the browser.

I uninstalled BD and tried Eset. It was far worse in a different way. I read the BD ghost traffic thread and found the small solution provided by Joisy (sp?). It works like a charm. When I am streaming radio my net meter show 4 - 5 kBps. As soon as I close the browser tab it drops to 0 almost immediately.

I don't understand why BD does not incorporate this solution into their program and resolve this long standing issue.

Cheers

BB