Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help With Settings

Options

Hi just want help with 2 or 3 settings in BIS 2014 ,under antivirus settings ,do i need automatic vulnerability scan? and if so why?

Under manage adapters i have homeoffice ,remote, no,is this ok? under windows 8.1 desktop? tHks

Comments

• Hi just want help with 2 or 3 settings in BIS 2014 ,under antivirus settings ,do i need automatic vulnerability scan? and if so why?

Under manage adapters i have homeoffice ,remote, no,is this ok? under windows 8.1 desktop? tHks

automatic vulnerability checks for out dated programs,programs that have updates like,adobe reader,skype,etc,etc,etc,,pass words that are weak ,Microsoft updates things like that,it checks your system for outdated programs and notifies you of them.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options

It is, of course, recommended that you keep Windows up to date as well as any other programs patched and running the latest version, the vulnerability scan reminds you of this. If you have other ways of keeping up to date then fine, you can turn it off or turn off the portions you don't want from the GUI>Settings>Antivirus Settings>Vulnerability Tab.

I have all mine enabled except for the "Weak Passwords" setting as BD kept telling me I had a weak Windows password. I know that Bitdefender - it is so weak there isn't one as I am the only one here!!!!!! So apart from that I am happy to have any reminders it wants to give me - I can choose to ignore them if I wish.

• I have all mine enabled except for the "Weak Passwords" setting as BD kept telling me I had a weak Windows password. I know that Bitdefender - it is so weak there isn't one as I am the only one here!!!!!! So apart from that I am happy to have any reminders it wants to give me - I can choose to ignore them if I wish.

Same here...