Bit Defender And Malwarebytes

Rohugh
Rohugh ✭✭
edited January 2022 in General Topics

Having had a discussion about BD TS and MBAM Pro running together on computer in The New Bitdefender forums I would like to know if there is any advantage or disadvantage of running Bitdefender Mobile Security and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile at the same time on mobile devices? I have them both enabled at present on both android tablet and mobile and don't see any problems.

Comments

• Hello,

Normally there shouldn't be any issues.

First off all remember that in Android every app. runs in it's on VM so they don't interact with one another ( well at least normal apps don't ).

The down side that you might notice by running two or more apps that listen for system events when a new app. is installed ( on-install scanning ) is you might see some short-minute slow down because all the apps that listen for this event are starting at the same time.

But if your device has some strong hardware ( more than 512mb RAM and a higher CPU ) chances are that no slow down will occur.

• Thank you Daniel.M. Mobile is a Samsung S3 Mini and no, I don't see any slowdowns so I guess I will just leave them be. :)

• Having had a discussion about BD TS and MBAM Pro running together on computer in The New Bitdefender forums I would like to know if there is any advantage or disadvantage of running Bitdefender Mobile Security and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile at the same time on mobile devices? I have them both enabled at present on both android tablet and mobile and don't see any problems.

As you know i too have BD And MBAM running side by side and no issues on PC, and to your comment about mobile devices i have BD FREE and MBAM running side be side also on my HTC V android phone no problems so far.