Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Start Scan From Command Line

Options

Hi everybody,

I'm currently trying to do some automatiton on my PC and I'm trying to start a virus scan with a ******.

What I found out yet: It is possible to start a scan by starting the application c:\program files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender\odscanui.exe

The problem is, that it always performs a full scan (c:\) but I only want to scan specific folders.

Does anybody know how to start a scan of a specific directory? Are any commandline parameters for "odscanui.exe" avaliable?

Thanks!

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hi noaftschoarer and welcome to the forums.

Please note that we removed the possibility to run a scan from CMD.

You will need to run a manual scan from GUI: Antivirus panel -> Scan now.

We would also like to inform you that Bitdefender includes the Auto Scan feature. Auto Scan is a light on-demand scan that silently scans all your data for malware and takes the appropriate actions for any infections found. Auto Scan finds and uses time-slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform recurring scans of the entire system.

Feel free to reply with any additional questions about the Bitdefender product.

Thank you!