Av - Active Virus Control
Using latest Internet Security, setting this to either normal or aggressive blocks a program executable when I run it. In theory that's fine but there are 2 problems:
1) There is no way to make it go into quarantine
2) Once it has blocked it, I cannot get that file there again. I can however put the folder elsewhere, the executable goes in and the cycle starts.
Now, before someone says that I can exclude them - I know. But this does not avoid / fix the problems above. You do not know if Bitdefender for some reasons finds a false-positive and then goes about blocking it. Once it's done that, you're SOL and cannot put the executable that folder anymore (ie: Desktop folder, Temp folder, etc).
Fix: Allow quarantine for this also and/or remove that 2nd option which doesn't make sense to me. It errors out saying I'm not the admin, but I am so BD is over-writing my permissions re: the blocked file.
add: can I also recommend you change the description. An "alert" is just that, a pop-up warning and providing an option. This does not provide that in anyway and I'm not in auto-pilot mode.
All Time Leaders
- 2.2K All Categories
- 1.1K Windows
- 119 Mac
- 380 Mobile Security
- 297 VPN
- 324 Central & Subscriptions
- 376 Other Products & Services
- 83 Security Research Team
- 133 Product features and Ideation
- 148 Enterprise Security
- 616 General Topics
- 165 News & Blogs
- 4.8K Home & home office protection
- 24.2K Old forum topics