Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Painfully Slow Or Stuck Installation

Options

Hi

I have been a Norton Internet Security user for probably a decade now, but decided to try BitDefender after it came recommended on the internet so much. However I can't seem to get the program to install, or maybe it's the scanning section that's taking too long.

I have completely removed Norton from my ststem using the link provided on the Skity section, and downloaded the complete package, I have run the BD remove program and CCleaner to remove any registry files left over and rebooted.

From what I can gather it's taking ages to run the scan, I thought it might be the other HDD connected to my system so I disconnected all the Hard Drives except my system drive. I have been trying for close to nine hours now and still not managed to get the program installed, I even left it for three hours and all it managed was the scanning got to around 25%, I've ended up cancelling each time because if taking hours is the norm, I would rather not have BD as my Security suite.

I have a i5 2500 CPU,

8GB DDR 1600Mhz RAM

120GB Kingston 200V+ SSD drive,

Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1

I did manage to install version 2014 without issue but my key is for 2013 so it didn't work, I'm guess I need to get 2013 installed and registered before I can update to 2014?

Any help would be great.

To recap, I've fully uninstalled NIS2014,

Downloaded x64 full version of BD IS 2013

Said no to download updates

Also disconnected the wireless network card to see if it made a difference.

Disconnected all Drives other than main system harddrive

Ran, BD uninstaller, CCleaner and Glary Untilities to remove any traces of the failed install and retried multiple times.

I've not gone beyond the 25% mark, no matter how long I leave it....I wouldn't think BitDefender would have designed the software to take hours to install.

Comments

• OK finally got it installed, itt took waiting almost five hours to install but finally got installed.

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    Can you also make sure that all your Norton files are deleted including registry? Try to also install BD at safe mode. smile2.png

LOL. He already said he got it installed silly. He doesn't need to go into "Safe Mode".

Anyways, back to Harryisme, yes it does indeed take a really loooonnnnggggg time to install Bitdefender. The reason it does is because it scans you computer for viruses and other incompatible software and removes or disables them before installation. Then when it does install, it downloads the files while installing what it's downloaded simultaneously. That's why it takes, like, 10 minutes to install.