Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay Loses Encrypted Connection

Options

SafePay loses encrypted connection when changing between webpages.

Comments

• SafePay loses encrypted connection when changing between webpages.

Sometimes I get this error with obk.exe as well....

The Exception Breakpoint

A breakpoint has been reached.

(0x80000003) occured in the application at location 0x51a70af2.

Click OK to terminate the program.

• Rohugh
    Options

Try running a repair on the program Control Panel>Program and Features (Uninstall)>Bitdefender>Double click and choose Repair.

Otherwise send in a Customer Support ticket and BD will get back to you.

• Try running a repair on the program Control Panel>Program and Features (Uninstall)>Bitdefender>Double click and choose Repair.

Otherwise send in a Customer Support ticket and BD will get back to you.

Ok, thanks. I'll give it a try.

• Nope, didn't fix it.

• I put a support ticket in but I will still like to hear from someone on any success that they may of had?.

Maybe I didn't explain properly either,

When I go to the stgeorge website, where it tells you if the site is encrypted and has a valid certificate it has a yellow warning that says no certificate. When I click logon and a new window opens, the same warning is there, and after a few seconds the encryption comes good, with a green tick, but if I enter my details and hit logon it goes yellow again, and then once again after a few seconds goes back to the green tick. I have tried paypal and it seems to work like normal, but stgeorge and commonwealth bank online banking have the same issue.

So I don't use it at all because I am worried that my details are being sent unencrypted.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    I put a support ticket in but I will still like to hear from someone on any success that they may of had?.

Maybe I didn't explain properly either,

When I go to the stgeorge website, where it tells you if the site is encrypted and has a valid certificate it has a yellow warning that says no certificate. When I click logon and a new window opens, the same warning is there, and after a few seconds the encryption comes good, with a green tick, but if I enter my details and hit logon it goes yellow again, and then once again after a few seconds goes back to the green tick. I have tried paypal and it seems to work like normal, but stgeorge and commonwealth bank online banking have the same issue.

So I don't use it at all because I am worried that my details are being sent unencrypted.

Can you tell us what is the address of the website?

Quite often a webpage have a good certificate, but it embeds resources from external domains, and those have incorrect/expired/fake certificates.

For example, we encountered a bank (!) embedding advertising from another domain registered with yet another name, and this obviously triggered the block behavior in Safepay.

So, if you can tell the URL here so we can take a look on what happens?

I can't rule out an error from our side, but we'd like to investigate it.

Regards,

Cristian

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options

I see this problem here, but you need to log in to your account.

https://online.sberbank.ru/CSAFront/index.do

http://www.sberbank.ru/novosibirsk/ru/person/

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    I see this problem here, but you need to log in to your account.

https://online.sberbank.ru/CSAFront/index.do

http://www.sberbank.ru/novosibirsk/ru/person/

Quite hard to understand what happens without more information.

If other browser is used, the result is the same or not?

(Remember Safepay is much more punishing on analyzing certificates received - we discovered errors on pages happily signaled as green by other browsers, most obvious example being Fiddler MITM proxy displayed as green by Chrome even if is a self signed certificate). This is why we'd like to have more details to figure out the situation.

Cristian

• ajhoward.au
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Can you tell us what is the address of the website?

Quite often a webpage have a good certificate, but it embeds resources from external domains, and those have incorrect/expired/fake certificates.

For example, we encountered a bank (!) embedding advertising from another domain registered with yet another name, and this obviously triggered the block behavior in Safepay.

So, if you can tell the URL here so we can take a look on what happens?

I can't rule out an error from our side, but we'd like to investigate it.

Regards,

Cristian

Sorry, I didn't get a notification of your post in my email and was waiting for the support team to get back to me. Its https://ibanking.stgeorge.com.au/ibank/loginPage.action. You'll see when you first go to the page it has a triangle with a explanation mark in it and it says no certificate when you hover over it, after a second or so it goes green and if you enter your details and hit logon, while your waiting to for the banking to login it goes back to no certificate.

• Quite hard to understand what happens without more information.

If other browser is used, the result is the same or not?

(Remember Safepay is much more punishing on analyzing certificates received - we discovered errors on pages happily signaled as green by other browsers, most obvious example being Fiddler MITM proxy displayed as green by Chrome even if is a self signed certificate). This is why we'd like to have more details to figure out the situation.

Cristian

No, if I use another browser out of safepay, it works fine. That's what I have been doing in the meantime, and changing my password before I log out.