Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Livserv Stopped? Or Something?

Options

I'm trying to uninstall to get this atrocity off my site.

Support told me to reinstall.. but I can't reinstall til I uninstall.. and its not letting me uninstall because it can't verify specific privileges..

Does anyone else have any tips?

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello babydaryl,

First be sure that your user account has administrator priviliges to check this in windows xp go to start,control panel set it on classic view ,user accounts,you must see that you are administrator you will see it on the name of your user account. If that is the case please try this uninstall tool. First right click on the red BitDefender icon near the system clock choose exit. Now run the uninstall tool you will be asked to reboot your pc do that.

WARNING! Do this only on your personal computer and not on a work pc before asking it to the it-spet on your work.

If that fails try this:

Please try this log in as an administrator by rebooting your pc press several times on the F8 button before the windows loading screen now select safe mode choose for administrator. Go to start,now navigate to my computer,right click on the drive letter of your hard disk where windows and your software is installed on by default that is c: click on the sharing tab and select share this folder. Click Permissions, and select Everyone in Group Or User Names (I mean all user accounts that are currencly on your computer) Select Allow next to Full Control in Permissions, and then click OK.Reboot your pc and try to install again.

Try this:

First log on with your administrator account after that press the windows button together with r now type :

cmd press enter.

Now type this:

c: (if that is the partition where you have windows or your software installed on) press enter

cacls "c:\" /T /E /C /G administrators:F press enter. Don't forget enter spaces between /T , /E , /C , and /G.

exit press enter.

Best regards

Niels