Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safe Exe File Deleted For Second Time In 10 Months

Options

What is the deference between Exclusions, Firewall, and White lists ?

Do safe app.exe (and safe app.ini files) have to be listed on THREE lists ?

I am fed up with my Clipx.exe and Clipx.ini files being deleted by BIS

And why delete a harmless INI file ?

I logged a thread in April 2013 (10 months ago) about this problem.

No resolution since then and that ancient thread is now locked (not by me)

Would appreciate some help

Comments

• Captain Obvious
    Options

What is the deference between Exclusions, Firewall, and White lists ?

Do safe app.exe (and safe app.ini files) have to be listed on THREE lists ?

I am fed up with my Clipx.exe and Clipx.ini files being deleted by BIS

And why delete a harmless INI file ?

I logged a thread in April 2013 (10 months ago) about this problem.

No resolution since then and that ancient thread is now locked (not by me)

Would appreciate some help

All right, first some background information:

Exclusions: Exclusions are a list of files to be excluded by the On-Demand Scanner. These files can be anything from configuration files to processes. An Exclusion List simply tells the scanner to ignore these files.

Firewall Rules: Firewall Rules dictate which programs are allowed access to the internet. The Firewall does not detect or remove viruses or spyware. Rather it blocks the viruses and spyware's access to the internet (if they are on your computer), or blocks them from accessing your computer (if they are on the internet).

White Lists: White lists are process specific. To be more precise, they protect running program executables (for example, WINWORD.exe used for Microsoft Word) from being blocked or deleted by the Antivirus Shield.

Now, on to your problem. By turning on "Exclusions" in the antivirus option menu, you should be able to add your files to the exclusions list. This will cause the on-demand scanner to ignore those files. If you want, you can also add the "Clipx.exe" file to the Excluded processes list.

If your problem persists, you can also contact Bitdefender Support directly and open an email ticket from here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer.html

If you do indeed reach a solution, be sure to post back here in the forums so others may know how to solve this issue. :)