Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Will Safepay Be Safe To Use In Xp After April Eon

Options

I use Safepay in XP for all my online banking and shopping .Is it safe to continue to use after April 8th when XP no longer supported by Microsoft ??

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

This announcement was made re support for XP -

BITDEFENDER HQ, Jan. 20, 2014 – Bitdefender, the creator of innovative global antivirus solutions, announced it will continue to provide free antimalware support to Windows XP users for as long as 32 months after Microsoft ends support for XP SP3 and Office 2003.

Safepay is a Bitdefender secure browser so I would think it will continue to be safe.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    I use Safepay in XP for all my online banking and shopping .Is it safe to continue to use after April 8th when XP no longer supported by Microsoft ??

The end of support announced date is more referring to the MS ending support for XP.

Safepay is not using Internet Explorer but a Chrome-based engine.

Of course, if the OS becomes vulnerable, that will put everything at risk, including Safepay running on that OS, at least to a certain reason - there's no point in denying that.

From my experience, I believe MS will still support XP up to a point (I hear 2 more years *after* the end date), at least for major vulnerabilities.

Cristian