Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.fakealert.pp

Options
jemmeh
edited April 2008 in Malware talk

I'm actually quite horrible with handling viruses, as I usually download a firewall/scanner or something before I use a computer, so please don't assume I know very much about the technical side of this.

Anyways, I think I have Trojan.FakeAlert.PP. BitDefender runs and even confirms this, and the last time I scanned it, it actually got rid of Trojan.downloader.vbs.bl, but said it couldn't take any action for the Fake Alert. I'm ran the scan again, and again no action can be taken. I'm trying the scan one more time, after doing a registry cleaning with BD.

It's annoying as crap--popups that are verryyy phishy, shotcuts on my desktop, it added itself to my favorites in IE, and I can't set my homepage in IE. Firefox seems better off, though it is my default browser and I occasionally get a website pointing me to free **** or a tax handling website. On top of this, every time a website pops up, BD goes crazy and tells me it just blocked something like 5 viruses.

It's usually downloader.vbs and just now there was another (I'm not sure which), and a few moments ago it blocked Vundo. If I manage to delete a file that has malware in it, it just gets itself downloaded again.

Some of the websites are Ucleaner, something that looks like a fake windows updater, tax something, and just popups telling me to download software.

Oh, and just things in general are acting weird. Things in my taskbar are blinking as though they were messanger windows, and when I put something into the recycle bin, and then hit 'empty the recycle bin', there's always one empty file left after it's empty. Like the icon is still there, but it says 0 KB, and if you open and close the window, it's empty.

It's my mother's computer, but she does some business on Ebay and she's really worried that her account info will be taken.

I'm pretty clueless as to how to fix this.

Please help me if you can.

Edit: Trojan.downloader.vbs.bl, after looking in the virus encyclopedia, was supposedly removed last time--but the fake windows update thing still continues to pop up in IE.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello jemmeh,

I would like that you make a hijack this logfile. To do this first you need to download hijack this from here.Once installed hijack this will open press on do a system scan and save a logfile. Please make a new topic in this forum section. And post there the scan report.

Best regards

Niels

• jemmeh
    Options

Thank you, I did as you said.