Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Only 154 Days Left-can't Wait

Options

This is the second time I have had Bit Defender and the very last. I am tired of the popup reminding me to restart my computer. This occurs every time I use my computer, it also pops up about every hour or two and there is no way to stop it. I have complained before and was told, just remove Bit Defender and reinstall the newer updated version, well, I did that and it didn't work. This pop up is very annoying, I will restart my computer when I am ready, not when Bit Defender insists that I do so. The only work around that I have discovered is to turn off the automatic updates, which defeats the purpose of having this program. Bit Defender will not fix this problem. It is a damned POPUP as far as I am concerned and I'm tired of it and my automatic updates are turned off, this is a big flaw, and I have tried everything other people suggested on this forum and nothing works but getting rid of this program when it expires.

Comments

• This is the second time I have had Bit Defender and the very last. I am tired of the popup reminding me to restart my computer. This occurs every time I use my computer, it also pops up about every hour or two and there is no way to stop it. I have complained before and was told, just remove Bit Defender and reinstall the newer updated version, well, I did that and it didn't work. This pop up is very annoying, I will restart my computer when I am ready, not when Bit Defender insists that I do so. The only work around that I have discovered is to turn off the automatic updates, which defeats the purpose of having this program. Bit Defender will not fix this problem. It is a damned POPUP as far as I am concerned and I'm tired of it and my automatic updates are turned off, this is a big flaw, and I have tried everything other people suggested on this forum and nothing works but getting rid of this program when it expires.

What version are you running? I see no pop-ups, nor do I get asked to reboot.

Have you generated a support package from the GUI and let the techs investigate?

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hello again boilermaker,

I remember Columbo and myself discussing this with you before, I am surprised that no solution was reached. The one thing I am still a little confused about is you say you get a pop-up when restarting your computer every time - do you mean booting your comp or do you leave it running constantly and are just opening it?

The only time I get a pop-up to ask for reboot is when there is a program update - which is not very often, certainly there is not (or shouldn't be) a reboot required for definitions update.

• Nesivos
    Options
    This is the second time I have had Bit Defender and the very last. I am tired of the popup reminding me to restart my computer. This occurs every time I use my computer, it also pops up about every hour or two and there is no way to stop it. I have complained before and was told, just remove Bit Defender and reinstall the newer updated version, well, I did that and it didn't work. This pop up is very annoying, I will restart my computer when I am ready, not when Bit Defender insists that I do so. The only work around that I have discovered is to turn off the automatic updates, which defeats the purpose of having this program. Bit Defender will not fix this problem. It is a damned POPUP as far as I am concerned and I'm tired of it and my automatic updates are turned off, this is a big flaw, and I have tried everything other people suggested on this forum and nothing works but getting rid of this program when it expires.

I had something similar a while back. I uninstalled Malwarebytes Premium though I probably could just have turned off Protection or better yet set an exception in MBAM. In any case that solved the problem and I have had none since. The problem only occurred when BDIS was attempting a pogram update.

Could be you have some software tha is blocking the update.