Bitdefender Total Security Slowed Down My Computer Speed Drastically

Hi,

i recently purchased Bitdefender total Security , but after the installation it has slowed down my computer speed drastically.

It is now EXTREMELY SLOW for everything and anything. Even opening my computer and google chrome takes long i don't know what the Bitdefender program is doing in the background

Since installing bitdefender my computer is practically useless. Every program I try to open including browsers spin and spin.

It freezes up my computer for a few minutes and i can not do anything at all. Sometimes I must force my computer to shut down in order to continue my work after the interuption of Bitdefender.

On the otherhand Bitdefender has not removed the malwares such as " Best price companion " from my browsers specialy from my Google Chrome.

Those problems are very annoying and they make me wonder if i have done a big mistake by purchasing Bitdefender.

I hope that you have a soloution for this. Otherwise I have spent a good money for a product which has'nt done me any good but more troubles than usuale.

My systeme specifications are :

Asus serie K

Windows 8.1

64-bit

Intel®Core i5-3317U CPU @1.70 GHz 1.70 GHz

RAM 4 GB

nVidia Geforce 740M

Comments

• Hi,

i recently purchased Bitdefender total Security , but after the installation it has slowed down my computer speed drastically.

It is now EXTREMELY SLOW for everything and anything. Even opening my computer and google chrome takes long i don't know what the Bitdefender program is doing in the background

Since installing bitdefender my computer is practically useless. Every program I try to open including browsers spin and spin.

It freezes up my computer for a few minutes and i can not do anything at all. Sometimes I must force my computer to shut down in order to continue my work after the interuption of Bitdefender.

On the otherhand Bitdefender has not removed the malwares such as " Best price companion " from my browsers specialy from my Google Chrome.

Those problems are very annoying and they make me wonder if i have done a big mistake by purchasing Bitdefender.

I hope that you have a soloution for this. Otherwise I have spent a good money for a product which has'nt done me any good but more troubles than usuale.

My systeme specifications are :

Asus serie K

Windows 8.1

64-bit

Intel®Core i5-3317U CPU @1.70 GHz 1.70 GHz

RAM 4 GB

nVidia Geforce 740M

I believe you posted in the wrong sub-forum. Please repost this in 'The New Bitdefender' forum. Thanks

• Hello,

Thanks for posting, In regards with the slowing down your computer, It might be your applicatoins and services running in background.

Kindly check your task manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc key then go to Process tab and see the unnecessary processes running. then select and press End Process.

for the services, Go to Run - services.msc; stop the unnecessary windows and software services that your computer might not need. 

This discussion has been closed.