Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pop-up Ads Still Present With Bitdefender 2014?

Options
pjw
pjw
edited April 2014 in General

I just responded to this topic regarding pop-up ads, and then noticed the offer of a free upgrade to 2014.

That's great, but...are pop-up ads still present, or was that "different and very effective way" of dealing with the issue (quoted from a developer in that thread) added for 2014?

Can someone who's using 2014 chime in and clarify if this problem is fixed, or if we're still waiting?

I may just not bother if this is still an issue after over a year and a new version of the software.

Edit: Oh well. /index.php?/topic/48682-bitdefender-is-adware33/" rel="">This topic seems to answer the question.

That's unfortunate. Guess I'll start looking around.

Comments

• I just responded to this topic regarding pop-up ads, and then noticed the offer of a free upgrade to 2014.

That's great, but...are pop-up ads still present, or was that "different and very effective way" of dealing with the issue (quoted from a developer in that thread) added for 2014?

Can someone who's using 2014 chime in and clarify if this problem is fixed, or if we're still waiting?

I may just not bother if this is still an issue after over a year and a new version of the software.

Edit: Oh well. /index.php?/topic/48682-bitdefender-is-adware33/" rel="">This topic seems to answer the question.

That's unfortunate. Guess I'll start looking around.

I have had the BD 2013 and 2014 Internet Security, I also run the Windows 8 Security and have NEVER at any time seen anything in the way of adverts.

• Rohugh
    Options

I am the same as AdrianHa, I have yet to see a pop-up ad from Bitdefender on either of my machines.

• pjw
    Options

Interesting.

Well, I guess the next question would be why are some people getting them, and others not?

It also seems odd to me that no one (either regular posters, mods, or Bitdefender devs) commented to that effect in any of the threads I've read today? All the posts from those in-the-know just acted like it was a given?

Just to be clear, I'm not doubting you at all. I just don't understand why some users would see pop-ups and others not.