Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Almost Free

Options
CheeseME
edited April 2014 in General

I decided to try BD after some reviews I read online. Apparently it had the best scanning with the fewest false-positives. Unfortunately, the reviews did not mention how horrible the company/product truly was.

At first, it seemed great, but that was until the pop-ups. I mean, 1/4 of my screen would be covered with pop-ups I could not opt-out of. WOW! I started going through the program bit-by-bit and noticed how many features I have come to grown and love, from 'good' scanning programs like Avast and Eset, were simply not there. Nothing was in my control. Almost seemed like the whole program was on auto-mode with no way to change it.

To adjust the firewall, it seemed the easiest thing to do was turn off the firewall. Same with the scanning. There was really no way to 'configure' to my needs. Just turn it off completely when it started to interfere with what I was doing... and interfere it did at times.

So 23 days left in my license, and as I told BD long ago on the Facebook page, I have been completely in awe at how truly awful this company and product have been. I stated many months ago that I would not be using BD Internet Security any longer than I needed, and I would NEVER use another product of theirs. Today, I was again in awe to find out about the hidden auto-renew, and read many complaints and walk-throughs on where to find the option to turn it off. Well, I found it, contacted customer support just to be sure it was disabled, and am now one happy camper! Three weeks and this can be uninstalled and gone for good!

To be honest, I think MalwareBytes Anti-Malware did most of the work on my machine anyways.

To BD, your product is annoying, aggravating, your service is unacceptable, and I'm never coming back! If I find any product with anything to do with BD, I'll turn the other way quickly as possible. If your goal was to drive people away instead of having dedicated customers, you have greatly succeeded!

Comments

• I decided to try BD after some reviews I read online. Apparently it had the best scanning with the fewest false-positives. Unfortunately, the reviews did not mention how horrible the company/product truly was.

At first, it seemed great, but that was until the pop-ups. I mean, 1/4 of my screen would be covered with pop-ups I could not opt-out of. WOW! I started going through the program bit-by-bit and noticed how many features I have come to grown and love, from 'good' scanning programs like Avast and Eset, were simply not there. Nothing was in my control. Almost seemed like the whole program was on auto-mode with no way to change it.

To adjust the firewall, it seemed the easiest thing to do was turn off the firewall. Same with the scanning. There was really no way to 'configure' to my needs. Just turn it off completely when it started to interfere with what I was doing... and interfere it did at times.

So 23 days left in my license, and as I told BD long ago on the Facebook page, I have been completely in awe at how truly awful this company and product have been. I stated many months ago that I would not be using BD Internet Security any longer than I needed, and I would NEVER use another product of theirs. Today, I was again in awe to find out about the hidden auto-renew, and read many complaints and walk-throughs on where to find the option to turn it off. Well, I found it, contacted customer support just to be sure it was disabled, and am now one happy camper! Three weeks and this can be uninstalled and gone for good!

To be honest, I think MalwareBytes Anti-Malware did most of the work on my machine anyways.

To BD, your product is annoying, aggravating, your service is unacceptable, and I'm never coming back! If I find any product with anything to do with BD, I'll turn the other way quickly as possible. If your goal was to drive people away instead of having dedicated customers, you have greatly succeeded!

Hmm ........... obviously a troll.

Agreed pop-ups would be annoying, but I have never seen anything in over 18 months of running BD products.

However, YOU had the opportunity to trial the software, you chose to buy it knowing what it was and how it worked.

All the data and advertising make it very clear Bitdefender is "Silent Security" , you knew what you were installing.

Auto renewal is nothing new, sinister or unusual , and you had the choice to set this at purchase, AND again on the control panel provided by the payment gateway. Fact is you failed to read the information presented to you at time of purchase.

A support ticket, or a post here would have helped you with the settings, you did neither then whine now?

If you were not satisfied, you could have asked Bitdefender for a refund, if things are not working for you they refund and you could have gone elsewhere.

The problem is not the software, it is in the operators chair.

• No problems here in Australia with Bitdfender Internet Security 2013, after 15 months.

The only popups I have had (2 pops) were 2 weeks before the renew date.

About 9 months ago a BIS update sent my Windows settings pear shaped.

Phoned BIS agent here in Australia (BDAustralia.com) and within 3 days I received an apology from Bitdefender USA + bonus 2 months extension to my BIS subscription.
    :D

My annual subscription to BIS through the Bitdefender agent (BDAustralia.com) is about $10 dearer than (BitdefenderAustralia.com) and worth every cent. Because it is on-shore and they always respond to emails and phone calls in reasonable time.

I wonder how many people pop a fuse because they expect an immediate fix. Patience and courtesy pays.

There is nothing wrong with bumping a thread ... just be polite about it.

The renewal nags were stopped within 24 hours of phoning BDAustralia.com ... end of popups :)

Previous AV (Trend) was generating too many false positives. And Kaspersky's settings were too complex for me and Ky was too aggressive.

By using this forum without abuse/threats attitude, and courteous replies on my part, my concerns have always been resolved.

I notice a lot of threatening threads fail to ...

I am considering upgrading to "NEW Bitdefender" from my renewed BIS 2013.

To alleviate any concerns, I have created a new thread, with a list of questions. http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=53532

• No problems here in Australia with Bitdfender Internet Security 2013, after 15 months. :)

. . . I originally chose BIS based on AV-Comparitives evaluations.

The only popups I have had (2 pops) were 2 weeks before the renew date.

About 9 months ago a BIS update sent my Windows settings pear shaped.

Phoned BIS agent here in Australia (BDAustralia.com) and within 3 days I received an apology from Bitdefender USA + bonus 2 months extension to my BIS subscription.
    :D

My annual subscription to BIS through the Bitdefender agent (BDAustralia.com) is about $10 dearer than (BitdefenderAustralia.com) and worth every cent. Because it is on-shore and they always respond to emails and phone calls in reasonable time.

I wonder how many people pop a fuse because they expect an immediate fix. Patience and courtesy pays.

There is nothing wrong with bumping a thread ... just be polite about it.

The renewal nags were stopped within 24 hours of phoning BDAustralia.com ... end of popups :)

Previous AV (Trend) was generating too many false positives + not catching some problems. Kaspersky was too aggressive (alerts) + settings were too complex for me.

By using this forum without abuse/threats attitude, and courteous replies on my part, my concerns have always been resolved.

----------------

Win-7 32bit Home Premium

Win-7 64bit Home Premium