Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Fails

Options

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with Bit Defender Internet Security and so much so that I have uninstalled from my computer and will definitely not recommend it to anyone.

A couple of weeks ago I accidentally visited a website that gave me virus that claimed to have encrypted all my files. It also made dramatic changes to Chrome and installed a program called Antivirus Live along with other search redirects. Bit Defender just sat there is if nothing had happened. It failed to prevent or warn me that anything was wrong and didn't find anything after running a scan. After doing some research I discovered that the Malware I had picked up was not uncommon and there was plenty of advice on how to rid myself of the virus. Thankfully my files were not really encrypted but this was no thanks to Bit Defender. I downloaded and installed Malwarebytes and ran a scan. All malware was discovered and removed in about 15 minutes for free! What exactly is the point of installing Bit Defender when it is hopeless at preventing the most basic virus infection?

And finally, I use a program called J River Media Center to organise and play media files. I have never had any issues with it but as soon as I installed Bit Defender the program would hang and crash regularly. I have tried to exclude its processes, program files and even my media folders but Bit Defender still didn’t like it. Now that is cool! Give me anti-virus software that doesn't find viruses but interferes with a perfectly normal media player! Why on earth is Bit Defender interested in media files or its associated software? It’s just not necessary and is a recipe for disaster. I have spent almost a year trying to fix J River Media Center and even doubting its viability. I have now installed Kaspersky Internet Security along with Malwarebytes and J River hasn't hung or crashed once after leaving it running 24/7 for a week. I would have thought you would at least make sure Bit Defender doesn't mess with well-known popular software on your customer’s computers and maybe find a virus or two at the same time!

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

Hello Littlebullet,

Sorry to hear of your negative experience with Bitdefender, had you posted here a little earlier perhaps it could have been sorted out.

Firstly I see you are posting in the 2013 forum, there has been a free upgrade to the 2014 version for a long time now and it does sort out many of the earlier problems.

Secondly you say that MBAM sorted out your problems, of course antivirus and antimalware programs look for different things and neither cover all eventualities. There is already a discussion here to explain the differences - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=53664.

At least you have sorted your problem and if you do decide to come back to Bitdefender remember to use the latest version. :)

Ro.