Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Blocking Firefox

Options

Was working one moment then Firefox froze when I reopened it I could not get to any website.

Comments

• Was working one moment then Firefox froze when I reopened it I could not get to any website.

Just to add I did test this with both IE and chrome both work fine with no issues just firefox seems to be having a problem with the bitdefender firewall. I have to disable it in order to get to a website. This just started happening no more than 30 minutes ago someone please help.

• catfarts
    Options
    Just to add I did test this with both IE and chrome both work fine with no issues just firefox seems to be having a problem with the bitdefender firewall. I have to disable it in order to get to a website. This just started happening no more than 30 minutes ago someone please help.

Happened to me yesterday as well, and this is the second time this has happened to me.

This happens when a browser auto updates, and then Bitdefender firewall recognizes the new instance as a different version from the on in it's applications permissions list.

Here is how I fixed it last time.

1. I went in to settings and deleted, then re-made the application permission for firefox.exe following the directions that are easily found online

2. Contacted customer support when that failed to work, and explained the problem, and exactly what steps I had taken to fix it.

3. Contacted them again after they glibly instructed me to go through the process I had already tried, and asked them to kindly pull their heads out of their posteriors, and to please actually read my messages and help me resolve my problem.

4. The "Fix" was to uninstall previous versions of bitdefender using their uninstall utility, then reinstall and re-register it using a new registration code emailed to me by the customer support rep. Email message below:

"Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your reply.

I kindly ask you to perform a reinstall of the product by using the steps below:

1. To successfully reinstall Bitdefender you must first uninstall any prior versions of our product using the tool below:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...installTool.exe

Access the link and when the window with the Bitdefender file appears, please choose the "Save" option. Save the tool on the PC, right click on it and choose 'Run as Administrator', then click the 'Uninstall' button. Please allow about 5 minutes for the message 'Uninstall process finished successfully, please reboot your computer' to appear, then restart your computer.

2.Download Bitdefender by accessing link below:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Downloads/...nstaller/ts.exe

* Save the setup file to a location of your choice. We recommend you save it to your computer desktop.

* Once the download is complete, double click on the setup file that you have saved.

* The installation wizard will start and guide you through the process.

* Please register the product when prompted with this license key: XXXXXXX

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day, XXXX!

Best regards,

George Apostu

Bitdefender Support Team"

I hope this helps, and good luck.

• My Firefox just updated to 30.0 and now the firewall has blocked it even though there is an exemption.

Do the mods/techs bother to read and respond to these threads?